Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2 Dead 2 Wounded/Breaking news

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Brother Lewis, we hear it and understand. All too well, we understand. Our heartache is that so many of those who can make a change are apparently ignorant or simply could not care any less. Some people would rather foolishly revolt against their protectors than to understand the complexities of the challenges we face as a country. I often wonder who is more dangerous, the clueless or the callous...

Once again the system fails those sworn to uphold it. This time, we add the confused cries of seven orphans and the suffering of two more widows to the seemingly unending list of sacrifices laid upon the altar of peace.

Americans, we are the defenders of your communities; we are your neighbors, and we are lovers of all that is good and right. If you who consider yourselves "sovereign" displayed a shred of common sense, you'd realize that your very right to life itself is secured daily by the efforts of men like Jeremy Triche and Brandon Neilson. As we mourn their loss, we again bear our burdens quietly and with dignity. We honor their sacrifice by willingly risking all we have and all we are to safeguard our families and yours. We are law enforcement officers, and we proudly carry the badge of our offices on our chests and our oaths in our hearts.

We are not guinea pigs for some bureaucrat's social experiments. We are not meant to pay the price of political agendas, and the mismanagement of taxpayer funds with our blood, our lives, the tears of our loved ones, or the futures of our children. May each and every person responsible for the allowance of these animals to roam freely be haunted forever by the guilt of their ineptitude and the failure of their foresight.

Let the frustrated cries of those we love, and those who have loved us be heard and assuaged by a return to justice in this society. Let the frustrations of those who mistrust government be vented at the polls and felt in the wallets of those who abuse authority, not continue to erupt in violence against peacekeepers.
    cwtlady and pgg like this.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    or simply could not care any less.

From the powers that be this is a horrid fact. "They" could care less. After 20 years of watching the lets make a deal system push and pull justice out of courts I am left with little respect. Contempt may be a better word. If it does not involve a person in the courts or if an overwhelming negative public opinion does not become involved "they" could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    We are not meant to pay the price of political agendas,
    We may not be meant to but we do.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Our small group en route to the first funeral.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Prayers for all.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Lewis I was not able to see you but thanks for coming down. I somehow saw a need to become a self-appointed traffic manager.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That's my unit immediately ahead of Lew.

The bagpipes got me again, Motorway.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Friends, I was there in thought. You are in my prayers. Stay safe and watch your backs.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlaw View Post
    Lewis I was not able to see you but thanks for coming down. I somehow saw a need to become a self-appointed traffic manager.
    It's what we do. We take care of us whenever we can. Plans are to attend Wednesday as well in Metarie.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Lew, please know that my thoughts are with all of you folks down there. Things like this hit close to home, even when they are a few hundred miles away.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We stopped in and visited one of the surviving officers after the funeral. A friend of mine works for their department. He was very much out of it and didn't even know we were there. His wife was very inviting and appeared touched by each visit. I told her the reason for our visit and stated all the well wishes. She was very appreciative.
    I won't detail his name or location but the officer is suffering some severe medical issues. However, I must say, he has to be one tough son of a bitch to still be here. He also has a guard 24-7. I hope to visit the other officer after the next funeral. That one will be in the N.O. metro area.

The streets were like this the entire route to the cemetary.

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'm glad to see the people stand in line to honor the Fallen. I wish I could be there in person to show my support. You all are in my thoughts as always.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information