Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2 Dead 2 Wounded/Breaking news

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

2 Dead 2 Wounded/Breaking news

Two dead and 2 wounded in St.John parish,still a charlie foxtrot at this time,will post a link and try to keep updated.A whole bucket load of prayers needed,hopefully kjlaw will get a break and keep us posted a bit,as he usually works this area.
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-j...166383546.html

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Keep us updated. Sucks.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Prayers en route.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My heart goes out to the victims' department and families. Rest in peace.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I hope the injured deputies recover quickly. May the fallen deputies rest in peace.

creolecop is offline Really? and I'm suppose to believe that??
    Verified LEO
    Man the swamp took a hit today....Very sad situation

Jeffhpdk9 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    R.I.P. Officers.. Prayer for the families..

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Very sad. Prayers for the officers and their families.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My prayers are with my Southern brothers and sisters . Stay safe and watch your six my friends.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

pac201 is online now Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Bad day all around.

Kind thoughts and prayers going up...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    First get home.

Verified LEO
    Received some of the straight scoop not reported in the news (at least not yet). This was absolutely brutal! in humane is so under worded. I can't speak on what I know yet, but I'm sure in time it will come out. The shooter deserves everything and trust me what he deserves only God can give him. His justice is no where close to being within our power to make the punishment fit the crime.

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I unfortunately can not provide much in the way of news due to being in Little rock at a Conference at the time but I can say that this was an outright attack on Law Enforcement by a group that as Creole said deserves a punishment that no man can give.

I was close friends with all involved and can only pray that peace and comfort find the hearts of the family of Brandon and Jeremy and that Scott and Jason make full recoveries.
    mavriktu and creolecop like this.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I had a lengthy conversation with a friend and former co worker from their department. He called needing to vent. If all goes well I may accompany him to go see the surviving officers Monday.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    If all goes well I may accompany him to go see the surviving officers Monday.
    Give them our best.

Proverbs 28:5
    Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Brandon was Jp's FTO at Jefferson Parish when he hit the road. Not sure if JP is even on this forum but many know him from the other unmentionable forum, he's having a rough go at it. All of our area's honor guard is going.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Prayers to those involved. The death penalty is too easy... these turds need a permanent address in the darkest, dankest corner at Angola.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Suspects in deputy killings linked to ‘sovereign citizens’ movement

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — At least some of the seven people arrested in a fatal shootout with Louisiana deputies have been linked to violent anarchists on the FBI’s domestic terrorism watch lists, a sheriff said Saturday.

DeSoto Parish Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle’s detectives and other law enforcement discovered the suspects were heavily armed adherents to an ideology known as the “sovereign citizens” movement.
    The FBI has classified “sovereign citizens” as people who believe they are free from all duties of a U.S. citizen, like paying taxes. The FBI considers the group’s members a danger for making threats to judges and law enforcement, using fake currency and impersonating police officers.
    The seven suspects have been charged in the shooting of Deputy Michael Scott Boyington, who survived. But authorities have said murder charges are pending.
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation said it was investigating the killings but declined to comment Saturday and referred questions to the Louisiana State Police, the lead investigating agency.
    Arrested were the group’s apparent leader, 44-year-old Terry Smith, his wife, Chanel Skains, 37, and his two sons, Derrick Smith, 22, and Brian Lyn Smith, 24. Also arrested were Brittney Keith, the girlfriend of Brian Smith; Kyle David Joekel, 28, and a woman living with him, 21-year-old Teniecha Bright.
    Brian Smith was charged with attempted first-degree murder and the others with related charges.
    Detectives in Tennessee, Nebraska and Louisiana have sketched a portrait of an outlaw gang led by a 44-year-old accused molester named Terry Smith, who has a criminal record dating to 1984 in Morehouse Parish, the Times-Picayune reported Saturday.
    Morehouse Parish Sheriff Mike Stubbs said the Smith family was notorious. He said they lived for a long time in a house on the outskirts of Bastrop.
    (anybody else picking up what I'm putting down )

Suspects in deputy killings linked to
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    (anybody else picking up what I'm putting down )

Think the same types that let them out before will........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information