Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 121Traffic
  • 1 Post By Xiphos
  • 2 Post By Xiphos
  • 1 Post By Xiphos

Thread: Boston officer killed in shoot out?

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO

Boston officer killed in shoot out?

Being reported here that an Officer was killed with his own weapon at MIT campus and that two suspects have been cornered in an underpass. Facts sketchy at this time.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Verified LEO
    Machine guns and grenades used in gunfight with police (? ). One suspect arrested one at large.

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    News sites here say the one "in custody" has died and the other is at large. In addition, the reference to "grenades" was by a bystander...same bystander said he had a "clear line of sight on what looked like a pressure cooker bomb"...whatever a pressure cooker bomb looks like???

Godspeed to officers in MA right now!
    Policefan1978 likes this.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    This story has blown up since the OP

Shots fired at MIT campus, MIT PD officer killed sitting in his squad car. One suspect, possibly with a device strapped to his chest is dead (hospital said he had a "blast injury" to his "trunk"), second fled and is at large at this point. The suspect(s) carjacked a vehicle and entered into a vehicle pursuit after robbing a 7-11. During the pursuit they threw grenades and pipe bombs at pursuing officers. I don't recall if the pursuit occurred before or after the first suspect was killed.

They've now been confirmed as the suspected Boston Marathon bombers. They are Chechnyan (sp?) and have been in the U.S. for a year.

Currently, the second suspect is believed to be in a house in Watertown, MA, which is surrounded by law enforcement.

Earlier this morning I saw literally BUS LOADS of law enforcement officers being dropped off and deployed in Boston. Busloads. This is 100% just a guess...but I'd say they added 500 uniforms to the streets in Boston, Cambridge, and Watertown this morning.

I was glued to the TV this morning and that's what I've gotten so far. I'm sure 50% of it will turn out to be false by the end of the day.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll bet the folks in Massachusetts sheltering in their homes with Chechen terrorists on the loose are glad for the strict gun control there.
    Captain America likes this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Thanks for the info. Your versions are more likel to be accurate than mine are. Hope everyone stays safe.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    News is reporting shots fired, second suspect down. Waiting for confirmation, pray for first responders.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Scanner feed is up for right now. It's fairly quiet though.

Listen live to Boston police scanner - The York Daily Record
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Suspect #2 in custody
    Trojan 42 and Cidp24 like this.

Verified LEO
    One thing I've noticed about all this. Your SWAT teams ned to buy bigger vehicles, then they could ride inside.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    HudsonHawk likes this.

Policefan1978 is offline Officer First Class
    May God be with the police officers in Boston and elsewhere.
    May God be with you and your families as you Protect and Serve.

Thread Information