More to come about this Hero!

Let us never forget!

CopsRCool302 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CopsRCool302
    http://www.officerpratt.com/

More to come about this Hero!

Let us never forget!
    Fallen Officer Jason TYE Pratt
    "Less than a week before he died, Omaha Police Ofc. Jason Tye Pratt asked his father to "Remember me." Michael Pratt Sr. said at the time, his son's request seemed odd to him. "Tye and I had this ongoing joke," he said. "Whenever we would say goodbye, we'd say 'Are you going to miss me?' The last thing he asked me, the weekend before he was shot was 'Dad, are you going to remember me?' and I said 'Yeah, I'm going to miss you.' not thinking anything of it. And he said 'No, are you going to remember me?'" One the last night Tye was with his parents home and the whole Pratt family was together. Rita, Tyes mother, spent all morning and the most of the day before making sure everything was set for a great dinner and good time. They laughed and told stories about the boys and the little grandchildren ran around the house and they all just hung on every word as the stories were told. Tyes family was the last to leave. As the evening wound down, Tye went outside. His father was sitting on a chair in the garage and saw Tye looking straight down as he was kicking a small rock. This wasn't unusual as he often did this when in deep thought. Then he said "are ya going to remember me". The question didn't really register because he and his father had this long running joke... when they would see each other, one of them whould say... hay, "did you miss me" when they meet and "are you going to miss me" as their way of saying good by. Tye knew his father didn't really hear what he said that night when he said "are ya going to remember me" because his dad laughingly replied "ya, Im going miss you". Tye said "no, are ya going to remember me" dad? Knowing that Tye was on the E.R.U. Unit ( emergency Response Unit ), The S.W.A.T. Team, His father said, "does the SWAT team have something big coming up that's got you concerned". Tye replied, "no". His dad said "you're so well trained and you have you buddies, you'll be fine". Without looking up Tye said "well, you never know dad." Just then, Tye's wife came out with the kids. Rita hugged and kissed everyone, his father leaned inside the truck, place his hand around Tye's wrist and while rubbing the back of his head said " I love you son" Tye replied I love you too dad.

Those were the last words Tye and his father spoke together.

Cujo is offline Officer First Class
    R.I.P. brother.
    Pax
    Cujo

Emily is offline Corporal
    Thanks for posting a link already!

If you click on the homepage link in my profile you can view a couple videos I made.

nitestokker is offline Banned

Unhappy

The really sad thing is the story behind the story about his children. Jason's wife and parents have been locked in a bitter battle about shared custody, visitation rights and a bunch of other crap involving the kids since his death. The littlest heroes are usually the biggest victims..............Thanks for the post home boy, there's only a river separating you from that cold beer at my house!

CopsRCool302 Guest
    Tye's Father is a super Nice guy, I talked with him today, I'm gonna be helping him, he has a Great thing going, wrist bands of fallen officers.

we want to get as many people involved, check out the web site guys..

stay safe all

Emily is offline Corporal
    Hey Danny... I noticed you have Tye's EOW as 9/11/03... that's the day he was shot... his actual EOW is 9/19/03

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Its a shame, Rest in Peace my friend.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

CopsRCool302 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    Hey Danny... I noticed you have Tye's EOW as 9/11/03... that's the day he was shot... his actual EOW is 9/19/03

I seen that, sorry!

Rest in peace Tye!

Thread Information