Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Unhappy Why Do I do this to myself?

I'm watching the 9|11 filmakers documentary, and it's tough. It's very difficult to sit through. So many years later, and I still get choked up at the number of lives lost, and cry til I can hardly see.

I just thought I say, I hope you haven't forgot. It may take watching the video again, but hopefully you won't torment yourself as I am doing now. It is a painful reminder to watch.

My heart goes out to all of you, even now, who lost someone you loved, you knew, you worked with, whom you didn't even know. My heart goes out to those who rushed to make a difference, to serve their fellow man.

I know we really don't want to think about it, but please do. Take a moment when you read this, to reflect to yourself, say a little prayer, and never forget.

Sorry to bring this up, but I wanted to say something.

And yes, we like to joke about firefighters, but they are our heroes too. Say thanks to those you see, both FD and EMS.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

ida40dj is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    well put. never forget!!
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    I was talking to someone from the UK, lo523 I believe, that said that some people in a department there were coming here for the memorial ceremony. If they can remember, why should we forget?
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I totally agree. I went to Ground Zero two years ago. Flew from CA just to stand in that spot. To imagine what all those people, in the building and those on the ground, must have went through. It changed me. I will never forget.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Falcata is offline UK police officer
    I think what's important for you guys to know...is that your grief was felt over here in the UK and with many other countries around the world..

This picture is of some UK law enforcment officers at the Ground Zero memorial day;

I personally feel honoured that MY country stands alongside yours in the fight against 'terror'....

This is the shit that my country's law enforcement community faced only this week;

But the fight goes on, we shall not weaken, we shall not surrender...
    'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
    but because of those who look on and do nothing.'

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    It's always important to remember, Memphis.

Also important to remember is that many police officers and F/EMS personnel are still suffering today and some have died with respiratory illnesses related to ground zero.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    That's exactly why I started my web site. I don't want people to forget, to get complacent, or to feel that we're so superior technologically and economically that no one can touch us. We can be hurt, and we need to educate ourselves and maintain our guard both at home and abroad. The best defense is a good offense, I believe, and I want us to hunt down those who would do us harm and do whatever we have to do to prevent it.

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewtx
    It's always important to remember, Memphis.

Also important to remember is that many police officers and F/EMS personnel are still suffering today and some have died with respiratory illnesses related to ground zero.
    I have a friend who is a female NYPD officer with the ground Zero Cough. I feel for her and pray for her daily, as I know and hear the troubles she goes through.

It's not that i've forgot completely, I remember 9|11, but I think we have hardened ourselves to it. Watching the video again just stirs up all the emotion over again, makes it impossible to forget the little details we try to push aside. The fact that we were so courageous under pressure, the intense bravery shown, but also the sense of helplessness and overwellming sense of how fragile our lives really are. It really wakes you up, lets you realize this can happen to you.

We haven't forgot completely, we just harden ourselves to it. We like to pretend it couldn't happen again, couldn't happen to us. Deep down, we know the truth, but we try to forget that piece, that sense of how fragile our lives are, that in the blink of an eye, one mourning we least it expect, it could happen to us. It really makes me question my immortality. I go out, I always wear my vest, but I go out, and never even consider I might need this vest today, or I might not come home. We forget. We try to be tough, we try to be strong. But sometimes, we should just remember that, reflect upon it, and pray. For ourselves, our brethren, and those who died and still suffer. We are not immortal.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Kev_06 is offline The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety1st

It's true what they say some people are only alive because it's illegal to hunt the stupid, the person in the second photo is only a kid
    Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety1st
    But the fight goes on, we shall not weaken, we shall not surrender...
    Safety1st ~

Please know that our country will never forget the sacrafice your country has made and continues to make on our behalf... you are not forgotten! Together we stand!

thanks. it's appreciated.

RdrB67 is offline Officer First Class
    Good posts, all. I have the DVD, "9/11" the film made by the two brothers who intended to make a documentary about a rookie firefighter, but ended up involved in the events of that day--one of them inside one of the towers during the collapse.

I also, still shed some tears every time I watch it. But I do watch it every September 11, and I invite my family to join me every year.

What sickens me is the seemingly coordinated effort by a treasonous media to make us forget. Their refusal to do what they ought to do (show the footage of that day EVERY day until this war is won), shows where their loyalties lie.

Likewise, their accomplices in treason in our own government and throughout our society who malign our warriors, give encouragement, aid and comfort to our enemies make me physically ill. It is stunning to me that we not only tolerate these cowards, but give them unlimited on-air time and in many cases (ie Hollywood), pay them our hard-earned money to spew their filth.

I will forever be grateful to all those who fight this enemy on behalf of my family and me--from whatever nation. I have a lasting affection in particular for our British allies. They endured so much waiting for us to join them in their fight against Nazi Germany and they have fought valiantly with us in this fight against today's fascists.

Despite what the media chooses to report, I know that honor is not in short supply in this world (as evidenced by many members of this site), but the fight ahead of us must eventually be taken to traitors in our midst imho.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" --Samuel Adams

Oh ye who do not fight
    Ye who do not stir
    Ye who sit and watch
    With a mirthful eye and a wicked tongue

Ye who are quick with words of scorn
    Yet reluctant with talk of praise
    Countless days have you studied my deeds
    Endless seconds had I to take my stand

Your hands are clean yet mine are stained with blood
    Your garb is whole yet mine is torn asunder
    Your heart is light with folly of my limited understanding
    My heart is heavy with the weight of important action

To know the blood as it pounds under the gate of a quickening pulse
    To realize the folly of our existence, the impending doom of our mortality
    The stroke of a blade spells my end, yet still I walk
    The stroke of a tongue from you brings more pain than the hand of my enemy, yet still you talk

I have no respect for one who speaks without action
    I have no respect for one who would destroy what I have built
    Ye who call me friend yet strike with the blade of derision
    Ye who would stand taller than I, yet fail to take your feet

Who do you stand for ?
    For whom do you speak ?
    The answer is apparent
    You stand for no one, for your words are vile and without experience

When you stand before me on the field
    Your blade fresh from a kill
    Then I salute you and hear your criticism
    Until then, still your tongue and take a seat

author unknown
    "Nothing says guilty like a high-priced lawyer."
    - Tom Griswold

AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional
    has anyone seen DeadArab.org ?
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by RdrB67
    What sickens me is the seemingly coordinated effort by a treasonous media to make us forget. Their refusal to do what they ought to do (show the footage of that day EVERY day until this war is won), shows where their loyalties lie.
    And when they do report it, it's so sanitized that it makes me ill - Same for the war, terrorist bombings, etc - Even local car wrecks ("injury accident on I-35" is all the public hears)....

Their policy seems to be to play up the destruction of bricks, mortar, and machines, but to pretend it's all bloodless and pain-free, except for the crying over lost relatives.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I think you honor the dead when you re-visit the event, and the tears you shed continue the healing process.

I recently saw the 9/11 documentary about the photographers that were witnesses, and continued to work throughout the event - it was deeply moving, and revealed even more about the day that was never covered.

Did you know the Coast Guard put out an "all able vessals" alert to assist the evacuation? Seeing a photo of hundreds of ships and boats rushing to Battery Park was moving and inspiring.

I think it's also important to remember that not only do other nations assist in the fight - but 9/11 was also the largest terrorist act against their citizens as well. It was not just Americans that died that day.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Never forget what happened on that most horrible day. Never forget the selflessness of our brother officers and the firefighters. If you haven't been to the National Law Enforcement Memorial in D.C. go. It list all the officers killed in the line of duty since 1789 I believe. The Memorial lists the names of 17,500 officer who have fallen in the line of duty. I visited the Memorial this last May during National Law Enforcement Week. It made me realize the job we do is important even if the very people we protect and serve don't understand and appreciate us. However it does make the ones that acknoledge what we do and apprciate it all the more special to me.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

ticktwrter is offline Rookie
    It is quickly approaching the 5 th anniversary of 9/11 and there are so many documentaries talking about 9/11. The recent movie that has come out, World Trade Center, looks like a very good movie. I have talked with several officers who have seen it and admitted they cried. I don't know if I can handle seeing it yet.

dla4079 is offline Corporal
    Verified C/O

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

Cujo is offline Officer First Class
    I will never forget. Thanks to all of our brother and sister officers from abroad for their support, and to the terrorist I say, PAYBACKS A BITCH!
    Strength and Honor
    Cujo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo
    I will never forget. Thanks to all of our brother and sister officers from abroad for their support
    Cujo
    Anytime Bro...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information