Welcome to the APBWeb.
    AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional

Denver Co Shooting

Multiple Shooting Denver, Co. 4600 E Stapleton Dr S-"safeway Distribution Center"-reported (5) People Shot, (1) Is A Police Officer-unknown Condition Of Victims-shooter Was Killed
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

USofAcop is offline Banned
    www.RockyMountaionNews.com

June 25, 2006
    A man who opened fire at a Safeway distribution warehouse at 4600 E. Stapleton Drive died at the scene Sunday afternoon. It was not immediately clear if the man was shot by police or if he died by his own hand.
    The initial reports of shots fired at the warehouse were reported about 3 p.m.

It is believed the gunman was an employee at the warehouse.

Firefighters were battling a fire in the warehouse which was believed to have been set by the gunman.

Police closed several streets and highways in the area.

www.thedenverchannel.com

DENVER -- A gunman responsible for opening fire inside a Safeway Distribution Center, killing one person and injuring five, is now dead, 7NEWS reported.

Police are not certain if the suspect shot himself or if the fatal shot was fired from an officer's gun.

After the standoff and confrontation with the gunman ended, officers checked all the areas inside the building and found the body of one employee who was apparently shot to death.

Four other employees have been taken to the hospital. Two are in critical condition, one person is in serious condition and one person is in fair condition. A Denver police officer who was shot in the leg during the confrontation was also taken to the hospital but his injuries were not considered to be life-threatening.

The shooting occurred at about 3 p.m. inside the Safeway Denver Distribution Center on the 4600 block of East Stapleton Drive, near the intersection of Interstate 70 and Colorado Boulevard.

Witnesses said a disgruntled former employee walked in to the produce area, fired at least five shots and tried to set several fires.

"I seen him. He was like about 20 feet away from me. He was just shooting and lighting fires. He wanted to turn the building on fire," said Safeway worker Jesus Lopez. "I just ran. Everybody just ran out."

"We just got off our forklifts and ran to the exit door," said another Safeway worker.

Workers ran out of the building as about 50 police officers arrived with their weapons drawn and surrounded the area.

Police set up a barrier around the perimeter of the store and worked to get the gunman and the other employees out of the building. The warehouse is massive -- stretching several city blocks.

Employees huddled on a pile of gravel near the corner of the lot, waiting for the standoff between the gunman and the police to be over.

The gunman started multiple fires in one location and one fire in another location. The sprinkler system inside the building kicked off immediately and contained most of the fires. Firefighters couldn't enter the building because the gunman was still at large.

The shooting prompted police to shut down Interstate 70 in the area until 5 p.m.

Thread Information