Welcome to the APBWeb.
    timatoe127 is offline NorCal Po-Po

CHP Officer Killed in Hit and Run

I don't have any further detail on this, I recieved a faxed BOLO from CHP stating the Officer was killed. This article was posted on the news channel web site about 30 ago.

Police Seek Vehicle That Struck Officer

Aug. 6 - KGO - A CHP officer is in critical condition Sunday morning after being struck by a hit-and-run driver Saturday night in Oakland.

Police are still looking for that driver.

The incident happened just after 10:00 p.m. Police say the officer was hit along northbound I-880 near the Oakland Coliseum while he was out of his car investigating another traffic accident.

The injured officer was rushed to Highland Hospital.

Trent Cross, California Highway Patrol: "Right now, the officer is in critical condition. He's fighting for his life, and if anyone has any information please contact us."

The California Highway Patrol continues to search for a hit-and-run suspect vehicle, possibly a red or tan Buick with front-end damage, that was involved collision Saturday night that critically injured a CHP officer.

The damaged Buick was thought to be a model year between 1992 and 1998, and was missing its hood emblem.

Officials are also seeking a silver 2000 model year Pontiac Grand Am with California license plate number 5GAA778.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of either vehicle is asked to call (800) TELL-CHP.

I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.

Jimmy Hoffa

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    I'm confused a little bit. Is he in critical condition or did he die?
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

1*girl Guest
    Either way, more thoughts and prayers are being sent out by me.

timatoe127 is offline NorCal Po-Po
    Quote Originally Posted by dlefdal
    I'm confused a little bit. Is he in critical condition or did he die?

Well I can't find any news that says he died. Earlier I recieved the identical fax only it stated "an Oakland Area CHP Officer was struck and severely injured..." and then I recieved the other one that says "an Oakland Area CHP Officer was struck and killed...." I think it's possible that it hasn't been aired yet via the press.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.

Jimmy Hoffa

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    Either way, may God the officer. We will be thinking good thoughts.

Am I the only one that is getting sick and tired of wearing this god damned black band around my badge?

no smiley
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

pmfc is offline ^

Sad update..

We have lost yet another CHP officer When is it going to end?

CHP Seeks Car in Fatal Hit and Run of Officer
    Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

A California Highway Patrol officer has died of injuries he sustained when he was struck by a car in a hit and run incident Saturday night in Oakland. The CHP is requesting the public's help in locating the car or cars believed to be involved.

The 33-year-old officer, who had been with the force for two years, died at an Oakland hospital this morning. His name has not been released.

At about 10:30 Saturday night, CHP officers were investigating a collision on the 66th Avenue on-ramp to Interstate 880 in Oakland. One officer was standing on the left side of the roadway when a car hit him and then sped off on northbound I-880.

The CHP is looking for two cars. One is described as a champagne-colored Buick LeSabre, model year 1992 to 1998. The car has driver-side grill damage and is missing its Buick hood emblem. A second car of interest is a silver Pontiac Grand Am model year 2000. The California license plate is 5GAA778.

Individuals who know the whereabouts of these cars or has information about the collision is asked to call the CHP at (800) TELL CHP (835-5247).

Source

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    CHP has suffered several losses this year...

Thoughts and prayers enroute.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of the fallen officer.

CopsRCool302 Guest
    Heavy Heart in Iowa... Rest In Peace!

Champagne-colored Buick LeSabre, model year 1992 to 1998. The car has driver-side grill damage and is missing its Buick hood emblem.
    This vehicle is still outstanding - Pontiac has been located and an arrest made - unkn charges at this point.

sgtbambam is offline Sergeant
    Thoughts and prayers from Ohio to the CHP!!

arrest made

Posted on Tue, Aug. 08, 2006

Associated Press
    OAKLAND, Calif. - A 47-year-old man was arrested Monday in connection with the hit-and-run crash that killed a California Highway Patrol officer.

Russell Rodrigues, of Oakland, turned himself in around noon and was booked into Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on charges of felony hit-and-run and vehicular manslaughter, according to the CHP.

Authorities launched a manhunt for the hit-and-run driver late Saturday, after Officer Brent Clearman, 33, was killed by a champagne-colored Buick LeSabre that slammed into him while he inspected an accident scene on an Interstate 880 ramp. The suspect then fled in the vehicle.

Rodrigues led officers Monday to the Buick LeSabre believed to be involved in the crash, said CHP Sgt. Les Bishop. The car, which was parked behind an Alameda apartment complex, had damage consistent with the evidence found at the crash site, authorities said.

Judy Rodrigues said her brother, who worked as a clerk at the county's Glenn Dyer Jail for 19 years, left the scene because he "basically panicked."

"We're sorry to the victim's family. It was an accident," she said.

Meanwhile, authorities ruled out any connection between the hit-and-run and a nearby carjacking that occurred minutes earlier.

Clearman, a decorated Marine sharpshooter and Iraq war veteran, was the seventh on-duty CHP officer killed since September.

A memorial service was planned for 11 a.m. Thursday at the Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord.

Thread Information