Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Houston police officer fatally shot

Houston police officer fatally shot

2006 The Associated Press

HOUSTON A veteran police officer was shot and killed as he sat in his patrol car during a traffic stop, authorities said.

Citing an ongoing investigation, police officials would not disclose details about the Thursday shooting of Rodney Johnson, 40, who had served 12 years on the force.

A handcuffed suspect allegedly fired multiple shots at Johnson from the rear seat of the patrol car, said Officer Gary Blankinship, a friend of Johnson's who went crime scene. The suspect had not been charged as of late Thursday.

A female passenger who left the scene had been found by officers for questioning, Chief Harold Hurtt said.

Johnson went to work as a corrections officer for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and then as a jail attendant. He graduated from the Houston police academy in 1994.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Man, that leaves all kinds of questions.

Rest in Peace, brother.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Man, that leaves all kinds of questions.

Rest in Peace, brother.

i was thinking the same thing..alot of questions
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

nitestokker is offline Banned
    Fox News said the suspect is an illegal alien convicted almost ten years ago of molesting a child. I am NOT a racist, but this is just more evidence that the wall should be built. And like my wife says: station a few military snipers down there and, when you shoot one or two, I bet the others turn around and run! Let's find out! I am sorry if your country sucks and you can't feed your family. So overthrow the government and fucking fix it! But stay the hell out of here unless you want to do it properly like everyone else!

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    A similar thread was started with other information about this officer.

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ead.php?t=8878

I agree with a lot of the feelings and sentiments that have been said. I hate to see we lost an officer, but hopefully a few key lawmakers will open their eyes from what happened.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Like I said on another site, don't forget Dallas police officer Brian Jackson, also killed by an illegal scumbag last year who was picked up for DUI and domestic violence on two prior occasions.

That piece of trash wasn't even deported after the DV & DUI because the DPD brass said it wasn't their job to enforce immigration laws - Well, hell, they coulda called ICE but they admitted that they didn't do that either. If I was Jackson's widow I'd sue Dallas and everyone involved in making that stupid policy.

It seems to me that it's all politics... Whether that's accurate or not, I have no idea, but my suspicion is that the locals seem to have a fear that if they make it a policy to drop the dime to ICE, then people on the street will mistrust them more and it'll start a political showdown at City Hall (in Dallas, that's pretty much a given).

Well, here's a news flash: Sometimes when police do the right thing, they'll make enemies, but they also gain a lot of supporters, I think...

At the same time I can see where that would make their jobs more difficult in Hispanic communities, because informants and even victims would be more reluctant to come forward. However, I think deporting criminals at every opportunity is a worthwhile endeavor, if they can't be locked up...

I have nothing against letting law-abiding immigrants in (if they behave themselves, document themselves, pay taxes, can find a job, and don't abuse the welfare & healthcare system), but I think we need a hard-line public policy that says if you're a victim or informant we're not gonna deport you - However... if you drive drunk or beat up your girlfriend, or do a robbery, then you bet - we're gonna lock you up if we can, then kick your butt back to wherever it came from as soon as you get out.

No bail for you, Jack - You're going straight from the jailhouse to the border if you're not a citizen... and your family can either go with you or stay, whichever they prefer.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 09-26-06 at 10:38 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information