Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Only In America
01-22-07, 05:18 PM #1
Only In America
1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.
5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
9. Only in America......do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures."
10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
01-22-07, 05:38 PM #2
Nice, dang those are soooo accurate!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
01-22-07, 09:08 PM #3
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By gozling in forum In the NewsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-01-07, 01:52 PM
By BEB in forum In the NewsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-25-07, 04:07 PM
By Andrewtx in forum General TopicsReplies: 10Last Post: 04-21-07, 04:33 PM
By TXCOP in forum General TopicsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-07-07, 04:25 PM