Last week was my birthday, but I didn't feel very well when I woke up that morning.

I went downstairs for breakfast hoping that my wife would be pleasant, say, "Happy Birthday!", and possibly even have a little present for me.

As it turned out, she barely said "Good Morning", let alone "Happy Birthday".

I thought . . . Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids will surely remember. The kids came in for breakfast and didn't say one word.

So when I left for the office, needless to say, I was feeling pretty low and somewhat despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary, Jane, said, "Good morning, boss. Happy Birthday." Well it felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.

I worked until about one o'clock, when Jane knocked on my door and said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and since it's your birthday, let's go out for lunch, just you and me."

I said, "Thanks Jane, that's the best thing I've heard all day. Let's go."

We went to lunch, but didn't go where we normally would. We dined at a quaint little place at a private table. We each had a couple of martinis, and we enjoyed the meal tremendously.

On the way back to the office, Jane said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day . . .we really don't need to go back to the office, do we?"

I responded, "No, I guess not. What did you have in mind?"

She said, "Lets go to my apartment!"

After arriving at her apartment, Jane turned to me and said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for a minute. I'll be right back. Just make yourslf comfortable."

"OK", I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom and, after a few minutes, came out carrying a huge birthday cake . . . followed by my wife - my kids - and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing "Happy Birthday" . . .

And I just sat there . . .

On the couch . . .

COMPLETELY NAKED !!