Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Farm wife, AC!
02-07-06, 09:43 AM #1
Farm wife, AC!
An Indiana farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady.
He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and
dialed the subscribers house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring...which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by
pissing and moaning.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By iso607 in forum ShenanigansReplies: 1Last Post: 06-12-07, 08:08 AM
By Growler in forum In the NewsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-08-06, 08:35 PM
By BEB in forum ShenanigansReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-06, 03:32 AM
By BEK in forum In the NewsReplies: 16Last Post: 12-04-06, 05:57 PM