Welcome to the APBWeb.
    4everlate is offline Swamp Rat

The cop and the donut truck

This picture was taken years ago in Colorado. I just came across it tonight.

Where did that "donut" thing come from anyway? Anybody know?
    If the grass is always greener on the other side, stop pissing on yours.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Probably from the fact that coffee is served at donut houses, they are 24 hour, and at one time coffee was the life blood of LEOs. I'm sure LEOs used to meet up at coffee shops alot. Just a guess on my part though. When I was young, hanging around dad and his friends, it seemed all cops drank coffee but lately it seems that fewer and fewer do. I have also noticed fewer LEOs are meeting up for coffee like they used to.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Probably because most agencies dont believe on letting us have breaks anymore. My agency is totally anal when it comes to that. We are not allowed to have more than two marked units at a location when we are getting chow. We work 12 hour shifts on the road here, but they make a big deal when some citizen complains about us having a break and eating at a restaurant.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    +1, ex401

Dad was a county traffic unit in the late 60s and early 70s and I remember riding with him and stopping at the same little restaurant all the time. It was usually troopers and county there, 2-3 of each. Citizens would have a cow about that now, even though they have no idea how long an officer has been there or how long they have been working.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    The donut shop was our sub station back in 60's and 70's.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Probably because most agencies dont believe on letting us have breaks anymore. My agency is totally anal when it comes to that. We are not allowed to have more than two marked units at a location when we are getting chow. We work 12 hour shifts on the road here, but they make a big deal when some citizen complains about us having a break and eating at a restaurant.
    HA! You just said what I was going to say! We aren't allowed to have coffee..thats why! At least now Ex..in plain clothes we can all gather and eat in a group now. When you are in plain clothes no one has ever said anything to us. Welcome to the spoiled club.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I'm glad I'm not a coffee drinker....yet. I do love me some donuts though! haha...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Oh, did someone say Krispy Kreme? I'm already drooling!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Donuts are good but over rated, I am down with a toasted bagel and a smear (of cream cheese you yahoo's) Nothing like an onion bagel with some philly

Night shift we dont have anything up and running in town so lunch is at teh station and we park in garages so nobody knows how many are gathered at the table for lunch (usually only two of us)
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post

Krispy Kreme to the rescue.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/kern.asp#photo

Your donuts are safe. Eh!

For those who might not know, Tim Hortons is a Donut shop in Canada and the northeastern US.

http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/...olphingang.htm

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

4everlate is offline Swamp Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Krispy Kreme's are the best donuts ever created.
    If the grass is always greener on the other side, stop pissing on yours.

Thread Information