Welcome to the APBWeb.
    GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO

On the ride home today...

I took my "fun" car ( a heavily modded '98-'02 Z28 ) to work today. It's about a 20 minute drive from my house.

Didn't notice anything odd on the way to work, but then again, I go in about 0400.

When I left today at 1515 hrs, I noticed something on I-65 North. I was doing the speed limit, but suddenly I had a convoy behind me. Even the speeders that normally go 80-85 were slamming on the brakes either just before they got to me, or just after. I soon had a little cluster of cars around.

Did I mention that I had the t-tops off, and was in full uniform? Oh, and that the car looks like this:

Our State Trooper cars have the same paint scheme, silver and a dark navy blue ( almost black like my car ).

Just found it amusing, and now I think there will be a rumor started that my agency has a new undercover car.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Good looking car.

have you seen the trooper in the unmarked Infiniti? Clean car, you would never think it was a cop.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Maybe they were all slowing down to admire the car....

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think there is a really old thread when I was driving U.S. 280 into work one day. I usually rode with my windows down about four inches. Had a car pull up beside me reving and yelled out asking if I wanted make a run. Rolled the widow all the way down while in uniform......instant Kodak moment. Miss my 00' Camaro SS.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

A3148 is offline Office Ninja
    Verified LEO
    At least they slowed down for you, here they have just passed right on by. No one pays any attention to the trooper cars until they hit the lights. I guess people are just not looking for unmarked cars like they used to around here.

Thread Information