Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional

Racial Profiling...

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened!!!

Do you remember?

-1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
    a. Superman
    b. Jay Leno
    c. Harry Potter
    d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

-In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred
    a. Olga Corbett
    b. Sitting Bull
    c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

-In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
    a. Lost Norwegians
    b. Elvis
    c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

-During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
    a. John Dillinger
    b. The King of Sweden
    c. The Boy Scouts

-In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
    a. A pizza delivery boy
    b. Pee Wee Herman
    c. Geraldo Rivera

-In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
    a. The Smurfs
    b. Davy Jones
    c. The Little Mermaid

-In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked
    at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
    a. Captain Kidd
    b. Charles Lindberg
    c. Mother Teresa

-In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
    a. Scooby Doo
    b. The Tooth Fairy
    c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

-In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombe d the first time by:
    a. Richard Simmons
    b. Grandma Moses
    c. Michael Jordan

-In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
    a. Mr. Rogers
    b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
    c. The World Wrestling Federation

-On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:
    a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
    b. The Supreme Court of Florida
    c. Mr. Bean

-In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
    a. Enron
    b. The Lutheran Church
    c. The NFL

-In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
    a. Bonnie and Clyde
    b. Captain Kangaroo
    c. Billy Graham
    d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

-2004 - Spain Railway bombings were done by:
    Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

-2005 London Railway bombings were done by:

AND NOW !
    -2006 plot to blowup airliners leaving London for US destinations. Who has been implicated:

HINT the answer to all questions is "D"

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80 year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because profiling is discriminatory and not nice.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Allreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves - if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it,

"Stupid is as stupid does"
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    You left out the bloody school attack in Russia. It could happen here - Their motives have never been greater - and the police are equally unprepared for it. Most cops still don't even carry rifles that can defeat body armor from a "safe" distance, especially not the SRO's which would be the only cops in a position to defend a school in the first few long minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_...hostage_crisis

The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan Massacre) began when [32] armed Muslim terrorists took more than 1200 school children and adults hostage on September 1, 2004, at School Number One (SNO) in the Russian town of Beslan in North Ossetia.

On the third day of the standoff, shooting broke out between the hostage-takers and Russian security forces. According to official data, 344 civilians were killed, 186 of them children, and hundreds more wounded.
    But my Chief seems to think I'm a nutcase or a terrorist myself because I brought this to his attention in trying to justify Patrol Rifles and Reservists, and described to him how few men they'd really need to pull it off - Whatever!!!
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 08-20-06 at 09:35 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    don't want to be politically incorrect and hurt someone's feelings.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    This is the sad truth of current politics.

Charlie.......I think your Chief and mine are cut from the same mold. I talked to mine the other day about putting at least 2 rifles on each shift. Hell, we have a gun room full of surplus M16's. The response I got was:

"We don't need to be solving our problems with high powered rifles."
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash

Charlie.......I think your Chief and mine are cut from the same mold. I talked to mine the other day about putting at least 2 rifles on each shift. Hell, we have a gun room full of surplus M16's. The response I got was:

If things go the way they have here lately that will change. Just this weekend in an 18 hour period there was a triple shooting at one location; one died lastnight and the other two don't look to good and 5 more shot at another, not to mention a few stabbings and I don't know how many beatings and various types of ADWs.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You left out the fact that uniformed members of the U.S. military are also singled out for additional screening at an even higher rate than 80 year old grandmothers. I suppose having a bunch of fanatic MUSLIM raghead terrorists shooting at you and leaving booby traps all over the place would really get our service men and women to want to join up with them upon their return home.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO

the department was talking about get a 5 shot pump action remington rifle. don't want to be intimidating. then a lt. car got full of holes by an ar15. now we are going to an ar15. one per shift. don't do a lot of good if the officer to whom the rifle is assigned to is off, but it is a start.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JLK
    the department was talking about get a 5 shot pump action remington rifle. don't want to be intimidating.
    Yeah. My former SWAT Commander is now a Chief at another agency and those Remingtons were the ones the city council approved for that very same reason when he asked for rifles. HOWEVER....they will accept full sized 30 round AR mags and they ARE rifles. Like you said, its a start. Right now I wouldn't bitch if I was issued a lever action 30-30 or an SKS. May not be what I want, but its better than nothing yanno?

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah. My former SWAT Commander is now a Chief at another agency and those Remingtons were the ones the city council approved for that very same reason when he asked for rifles. HOWEVER....they will accept full sized 30 round AR mags and they ARE rifles. Like you said, its a start. Right now I wouldn't bitch if I was issued a lever action 30-30 or an SKS. May not be what I want, but its better than nothing yanno?
    My first department only allowed us to carry shotguns but with no slugs. This department was in the ghetto to boot. I carried an AK-47 on my own accord. If I ever had to use it having a job the next day was of little concern. They now have ARs or so I have been told. At my current department we have ARs with kickass optics.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

The PS-90 and CX4 STORMs are nice. Especially the STROM; you can be chambered in 9mm, .40 and .45 and utilize standard pistol mags as well as the super high cap 100 drums! Highly versitile and come factory with rails for those add ons.

It's good to know they're starting to issue rifles, 10 years after the North Hollywood fiasco.

Plano, Texas, police as you know, were defeated by three bank robbers with full-auto AK-47's last year, and Tyler Texas had its courthouse attacked by a guy in body armor and an AK-47 not long after that.

In Plano, the police could not get close enough to use their pistols or shotguns - The police never fired a single shot, while the gunmen rampaged down city streets of Plano and Richardson firing hundreds of rounds, committed two carjackings along the way and disabled 5 police cars. SWAT never caught up to the action and the bank robbers got away. One of them jumped into the net later and probably squaled on the others.

In Tyler, an armed citizen outside the courthouse fired point-blank into the shooter with absolutely no effect (I guess he missed the head shot). The gunman then shot the armed citizen, and then walked over to him and shot him in the head.

The police finally chased him and his truck for a mile or two, and he finally got out and as he was reaching for his AK, a police car rushed in and shot him in the head at close range, putting themselves in extreme danger. If they had had AR-15's they could have made the shot from dozens of yards away, in relative safety.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 08-21-06 at 10:38 AM.

(\__/)

ticktwrter is offline Rookie
    My department has finally issued some rifles. It took several years to get it approved. I don't have one, but that is OK. I made a felony stop of some supposed armed robbers and it was comforting to have one of the back up officers get out of his car with a rifle.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    We finally got our patrol rifles (AR15) last year. However, they have to be locked in the trunk of the car. A lot of good thta does when you need it in a hurry. Also, we are not allowed to use tactical slings. We have a sling that allows us to carry it over our shoulder only. Oh well, it's a start.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Full time department has converted surplus M16s in each car, and part time has Ruger Mini-14s. Each M16 has 2-30 round mags, the Mini-14 has 2-20 round mags.

As far as the original topic, I think it's about time that we get our heads out of our politically correct asses and start targeting those that fit the profile of a terrorist. If there was a sudden influx of 6'4" 275 pound Danish terrorists, I wouldn't have any problems with them checking me out everytime I travel. That seems to happen anyways!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

I agree. I heard today on the Mike Gallagher show that someone gave a Muslim activist group a tour of some homeland security set ups.

Oh great... Why do I not feel better that these "setups" (whatever they were) are open for public tours?

(\__/)

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    In my patrol car rack, or in the trunk, depending on the specific unit (older cars with older racks won't accept the optics, etc).

"If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    In my patrol car rack, or in the trunk, depending on the specific unit (older cars with older racks won't accept the optics, etc).

I don't like you anymore.

Nice rifle anyway.

I heard it again tonight. It was the Muslim groups CAIR, Council on American Islamic Relations, and they received a tour of the security set up at O'Hare Airport in June. Talk about a hen in the chicken coup!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hens in the chicken coop I can deal with, it's the foxes that bug me
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information