Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Stress Relief
09-25-06, 08:36 PM #1
Try this - it really works!!!
Just in case you've had a rough day, here's a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is that it really works.
1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
3. No one but you knows your secret place.
4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the world,"
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.
8. See, You're smiling already!
My ALL-TIME Stress relief workout, ok maybe 2nd alltime.We don't get old, we get distinguished....the reason we don't get old is because we refuse to grow up!
09-25-06, 10:04 PM #2
I Love this stress relieving technique, and you are correct in saying that it works.
I am also into yoga and meditation and believe it or not boxing. When I am really stressed I use visualization techniques that I have learned through yoga and meditation and then go to town on my punching bag. It feels so good after the work out, little or no stress what so ever.
09-25-06, 11:00 PM #3We don't get old, we get distinguished....the reason we don't get old is because we refuse to grow up!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By TXMAC in forum ShenanigansReplies: 0Last Post: 07-18-07, 10:59 PM
By dapples in forum ShenanigansReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-07, 04:12 PM
By DetectiveSgtBeall in forum General TopicsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-05-07, 12:14 AM
By BEB in forum In the NewsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-07, 10:39 AM
By Blueline32 in forum General TopicsReplies: 26Last Post: 03-04-07, 02:45 AM