Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dating a Cop
10-24-06, 06:57 AM #1
Dating a Cop
* Do compliment him on his civilian wear. And his interests and hobbies outside of the police force.
* Do ask if he has arrested anyone famous. It’s ok. Most guys usually like to tell these stories and it makes for interesting first date conversation to fill in the awkward pauses.
* Do make sure your car registration is up-to-date if he’s going to see your car.
* Do try to have a working knowledge of police jargon so you can more easily follow his stories. (ie: Code 7; morning watch; circling the drain.)
* Do treat him like a normal person – because he is! Talk about movies, books, current events – you know, normal date talk.
* Do talk a little about the job. But don’t let it dominate the evening’s conversation.
* If you like him....do ask him to show you a good "arrest and control" move. If he likes you, I'm betting he'd be all too happy to comply.
* Don’t look disappointed when you first see him...then comment that he looked “a lot bigger” in uniform.
* Don’t pick out the beefiest guy in the room and ask your date if he thinks he can “take that guy.”
* Don’t ask if he can make outstanding warrants “go away.”
* Don’t be disappointed that he doesn’t wear his uniform on your date.
* Don’t try to use your newly-learned police lingo in conversation. It just doesn’t sound right coming from a civilian.
* Don’t cut in line to a club in front of a bunch of suspicious-looking characters and then announce loudly to the crowd: “Oh ya? Well my date is Cop!”Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA
You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.
FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By smokey703 in forum The Media CenterReplies: 6Last Post: 07-23-07, 04:19 PM
By Terminator in forum In the NewsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-05-07, 12:36 PM
By jmur5074 in forum The Media CenterReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-07, 12:02 PM
By Rhino in forum The Media CenterReplies: 0Last Post: 03-10-07, 04:12 AM