Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Search feature

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Search feature

Is there something wrong with it? It seems that keyword searches are kind of shitty lately, and are saying "No matches found" for even common words. Maybe I'm just nuts.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Last edited by conalabu; 11-30-06 at 01:49 PM.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    OK, then, does anyone remember the post about a day in the life of a tweaker/doper? it was fucking hilarious. It wasn't its own thread, but rather posted in some other thread. It talked about getting up, going to the store, getting a fanta and some flaming hot cheetos, standing on the corner for hours, etc etc. It was fucking funny, and I wanted to print it out, but now I can't find it!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'm sure Conalabu can type up his memoirs again, if you ask nicely

Terminator is offline BANNED
    If you remember who posted it, use "advanced search," and search posts by username.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Okay, I'm not nuts. I just tried searching on words that I KNEW were typed literally dozens, hundreds, or thousands of times on the site. Words like "republican", "police", and "korea." I keep getting this...

The following errors occurred with your search:
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    I searched "Police" and got TONS of results.

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...earchid=134200

Thats a link to my search

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Okay, I'm not nuts. I just tried searching on words that I KNEW were typed literally dozens, hundreds, or thousands of times on the site. Words like "republican", "police", and "korea." I keep getting this...

The following errors occurred with your search:
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    No matter how Bubba says it, the word you're looking for is spelled "penis" not "painus"

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    I searched "Police" and got TONS of results.

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...earchid=134200

Thats a link to my search
    See?!! I clicked on it and I got "Sorry - Your search returned no results" or whatever.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    See?!! I clicked on it and I got "Sorry - Your search returned no results" or whatever.
    When I clicked that link, I got the sorry message. But when I run a new search for 'police,' I get tons of results.

I've had problems searching for posts here before, though. In fact I almost always have problems successfully searching for things on forums.

Thread Information