Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Should Non-Verfied's Respond in the Ask-A-Cop section?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- some people have Knowledge on Law Enforcement matters

20 36.36%
  • No - It is called Ask-A-Cop for a reason

35 63.64%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Signal_W Guest

Question Should Non-Verifieds Be Allowed to Post in Ask-A-Cop?

Due to recent discussions, with great points from both sides, we will let the people that matter (You) decide.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Is this the voting booth?

I vote yes, if it is.

IcyMist is offline Banned
    I honestly believe that SOME people who are not LEO's may have knowledge about some things. You will notice that in a lot of threads that I do not make any comments, that is because I do NOT have the knowledge and so I won't post if in my own opinion I cannot help.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Of course they should........................ ..if you're pattering your site after O.com.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by upd38
    hehe oh well
    Yeah, I don't care for myself, it doesn't do anything for me. I'd just hate to have info that might help someone, but not be able to share it except through PM. No skin off my back though.

Ken K is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy
    Of course they should........................ ..if you're pattering your site after O.com.
    The difference here is we are supposed to know who is/was a LEO and the other place leaves it open to conjecture.

What is interesting to me is that anyone asking questions about qualifications should be restricted to background and hiring. For questions about police matters regarding the street, laws, and tactics, it only makes sense that LEO's respond in AAC.

If questions are put in the right place, then there should be no problem with who responds.

With that regard, I think non-LEO's can respond to hiring or process issues, if they have BTDT or doing it.

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken K
    The difference here is we are supposed to know who is/was a LEO and the other place leaves it open to conjecture.

What is interesting to me is that anyone asking questions about qualifications should be restricted to background and hiring. For questions about police matters regarding the street, laws, and tactics, it only makes sense that LEO's respond in AAC.

If questions are put in the right place, then there should be no problem with who responds.

With that regard, I think non-LEO's can respond to hiring or process issues, if they have BTDT or doing it.

Yea I agree with that, if they were to ask a hiring/background question in the right area we wouldnt have this problem

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    I personally think that Ask-A-Cop section should be answered by verified LEO's. If someone else wants to put their input send a PM to the person asking the question...

If we want non-verifieds to answer questions, why not change the location name... I mean 'Ask-A-Cop' sounds pretty self-explanatory....

I'm not saying that some of the non-verifieds do not answer some of the questions with good information and good input....so why not just change the title to 'Ask-A-Person'....

Hell then anyone could answer and not worry bout nothing...
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    ______________________________ __________
    In vino veritas!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The way I see it, since basically all of us here are against civilian review boards.....why would we want non LEO's answering LEO questions? It's basically the same thing....
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Kimble is offline Fact: sharks love cheeseburgers
    Verified LEO

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yes, as long as the poster states he/she is not an LEO.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Norm you have to get rid of that avatar, you're making Big have Katie flashbacks.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    I wouldn't mind putting my academy training to practice here. Reading site's like this and just answering questions before I read LEO's response are probably what help me do so good academically in class. I was the only person to answer EVERY question on our con law test correctly.

Also, there are some questions that I have seen on other sites that could use interjection, and sometimes answers, from non-LEOs or people not yet hired.

Essentially I just want somewhere to be able to answer questions and participate in AAC threads to help me build my knowledge. Also, it could lead threads into good discussions rather than question, answer, then end of thread.

Like someone said, the big difference between here and O.com, with regards to the AAC section, is that there is a way to POSITIVELY KNOW who is an officer and who is not (assuming we trust the people verifying etc).

Just my 2.

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    I voted no but I want to change, its obvious who is an LEO here but for first time posters I think a special note needs to be madesuch as "Im not a cop but....."
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

ShesGotLegs is offline V.I.P. aka Batter Up Babe
    I voted no but may change that.

I may have some advice to give those whom are asking for it but I will state I am not a cop.

What is the point in trying to decieve someone when I want to become a Police Officer myself.

SGL
    "The SEASON doesn't start until BASEBALL SEASON"

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"

katiemh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy
    Norm you have to get rid of that avatar, you're making Big have Katie flashbacks.

Oh c'mon baby, you know I look cuter than that when I'm jumping up and down.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemh
    Oh c'mon baby, you know I look cuter than that when I'm jumping up and down.
    *fscf* starts to daydream... Mmmmmm Katie on a trampoline

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Now that I think about it...it doesn't really matter who is answering because in the end the thread will end up being Big and Katie flirting and other people doing the whole virtual peeping tom routine .
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

"Crime does pay, in brass and lead."

This is myspace.

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    No-If a non-leo feels the need to answer the question, they can copy/paste into the GD forum and discuss it there. If its ask-a-cop, then the person asking would probably want a cop answering...

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh
    Now that I think about it...it doesn't really matter who is answering because in the end the thread will end up being Big and Katie flirting and other people doing the whole virtual peeping tom routine .
    Hahahaha, we should have a notice when you log on, WARNING any thread you start will BE HIJACKED!!!! LOL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information