Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Nevermind :p

How did rob84 get the edited version of his thread title to appear on the forum index? I'm referring to the "nevermind" thread, the infamous edited title that launched a thousand pointless posts.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14303

I tried to edit my thread title for less amusing reasons here: http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14543

But it is my old version, not my edited version, that shows up in the forum index (the front page of LEF) under "recent threads". It's not really important in this instance, but I'm just wondering how to do it the way rob84 did it, in case at some future time I ever need to obliterate any trace of a poorly considered thread title (for instance, something that might get me banned--not that I've ever teetered on the edge of being banned..... )
    Last edited by Jenna; 03-30-07 at 10:13 AM.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    None of your business.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Nevermind.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I honostly dont know how I did it. I just edited the title, and body of my thread. Wish I could help you more.

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's not really important in this instance, but I'm just wondering how to do it the way rob84 did it, in case at some future time I ever need to obliterate any trace of a poorly considered thread title (for instance, something that might get me banned--not that I've ever teetered on the edge of being banned..... )
    You sound almost proud, Jenna.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    You sound almost proud, Jenna.

Maybe "someone" is just so attention hungry "they" would do anything to get attention! Even if it's negative attention. You know...Kind of like a 3 year old who wants to get her mothers attention. Even if it takes her throwing herself face first on the floor just to get fussed at for acting like that. See?!?! NEGATIVE ATTENTION. But nevertheless still A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N! Maybe that's why it keeps getting brought up that "that person" was almost banned numerous times. Like we would ever forget that anyway!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxymomma50 View Post
    Maybe "someone" is just so attention hungry "they" would do anything to get attention! Even if it's negative attention. You know...Kind of like a 3 year old who wants to get her mothers attention. Even if it takes her throwing herself face first on the floor just to get fussed at for acting like that. See?!?! NEGATIVE ATTENTION. But nevertheless still A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N! Maybe that's why it keeps getting brought up that "that person" was almost banned numerous times. Like we would ever forget that anyway!
    On the contrary, I was just asking a technical question, in response to which I was hoping to get a simple technical solution, and tossed in a humorously intended reference to having teetered on the edge of being banned just to show that I can laugh at my own adversity. It's like when some women call themselves "bitches," some gays call themselves "f**s," and some African-American rappers call themselves "n*****s" because they believe that when the subaltern embrace words used against them by a dominant group, those words lose their power, and even become subversive.

Anyway, I think I figured it out on my own, even without Terminator's help. Apparently, we can get the edited version of a thread title to appear on the forum index if we make the edit less than a minute after the original title is posted. I wish the grace period for such edits could be longer, or even indefinite, since it often takes me awhile to realize I wrote something I shouldn't. Not that my opinion matters--after all, I'm just a marginal member who has teetered on the edge of being banned.
    Last edited by Jenna; 03-30-07 at 05:36 PM.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    if we told you we would have to kill you
    lol
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ummm...

Main Entry: 1 sub·al·tern
    Pronunciation: s&-'bol-t&rn, especially British 's&-b&l-t&rn
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Late Latin subalternus, from Latin sub- + alternus alternate, from alter other (of two) -- more at ALTER
    1 : particular with reference to a related universal proposition <"some S is P" is a subaltern proposition to "all S is P">
    2 : SUBORDINATE

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    You think almost being banned from an internet forum is "adversity?"

"I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    if we told you we would have to kill you
    lol

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Jenna, I'm available, for a price.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    On the contrary, I was just asking a technical question, in response to which I was hoping to get a simple technical solution, and tossed in a humorously intended reference to having teetered on the edge of being banned just to show that I can laugh at my own adversity. It's like when some women call themselves "bitches," some gays call themselves "f**s," and some African-American rappers call themselves "n*****s" because they believe that when the subaltern embrace words used against them by a dominant group, those words lose their power, and even become subversive.

Anyway, I think I figured it out on my own, even without Terminator's help. Apparently, we can get the edited version of a thread title to appear on the forum index if we make the edit less than a minute after the original title is posted. I wish the grace period for such edits could be longer, or even indefinite, since it often takes me awhile to realize I wrote something I shouldn't. Not that my opinion matters--after all, I'm just a marginal member who has teetered on the edge of being banned.

Good grief!

Thread Information