Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,384
    Rep Power
    4817859

    Nevermind :p

    How did rob84 get the edited version of his thread title to appear on the forum index? I'm referring to the "nevermind" thread, the infamous edited title that launched a thousand pointless posts.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14303

    I tried to edit my thread title for less amusing reasons here: http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14543

    But it is my old version, not my edited version, that shows up in the forum index (the front page of LEF) under "recent threads". It's not really important in this instance, but I'm just wondering how to do it the way rob84 did it, in case at some future time I ever need to obliterate any trace of a poorly considered thread title (for instance, something that might get me banned--not that I've ever teetered on the edge of being banned..... )
    Last edited by Jenna; 03-30-07 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    None of your business.

  3. #3
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,384
    Rep Power
    4817859
    Nevermind.

  4. #4
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352437
    I honostly dont know how I did it. I just edited the title, and body of my thread. Wish I could help you more.

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  5. #5
    Crimebytes2's Avatar
    Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    04-14-06
    Location
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's not really important in this instance, but I'm just wondering how to do it the way rob84 did it, in case at some future time I ever need to obliterate any trace of a poorly considered thread title (for instance, something that might get me banned--not that I've ever teetered on the edge of being banned..... )
    You sound almost proud, Jenna.

  6. #6
    foxxymomma50's Avatar
    foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Join Date
    02-22-07
    Location
    Louisiama
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    31901
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    You sound almost proud, Jenna.


    Maybe "someone" is just so attention hungry "they" would do anything to get attention! Even if it's negative attention. You know...Kind of like a 3 year old who wants to get her mothers attention. Even if it takes her throwing herself face first on the floor just to get fussed at for acting like that. See?!?! NEGATIVE ATTENTION. But nevertheless still A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N! Maybe that's why it keeps getting brought up that "that person" was almost banned numerous times. Like we would ever forget that anyway!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

    "Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."


    "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

  7. #7
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,384
    Rep Power
    4817859
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxymomma50 View Post
    Maybe "someone" is just so attention hungry "they" would do anything to get attention! Even if it's negative attention. You know...Kind of like a 3 year old who wants to get her mothers attention. Even if it takes her throwing herself face first on the floor just to get fussed at for acting like that. See?!?! NEGATIVE ATTENTION. But nevertheless still A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N! Maybe that's why it keeps getting brought up that "that person" was almost banned numerous times. Like we would ever forget that anyway!
    On the contrary, I was just asking a technical question, in response to which I was hoping to get a simple technical solution, and tossed in a humorously intended reference to having teetered on the edge of being banned just to show that I can laugh at my own adversity. It's like when some women call themselves "bitches," some gays call themselves "f**s," and some African-American rappers call themselves "n*****s" because they believe that when the subaltern embrace words used against them by a dominant group, those words lose their power, and even become subversive.

    Anyway, I think I figured it out on my own, even without Terminator's help. Apparently, we can get the edited version of a thread title to appear on the forum index if we make the edit less than a minute after the original title is posted. I wish the grace period for such edits could be longer, or even indefinite, since it often takes me awhile to realize I wrote something I shouldn't. Not that my opinion matters--after all, I'm just a marginal member who has teetered on the edge of being banned.
    Last edited by Jenna; 03-30-07 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #8
    gozling's Avatar
    gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Join Date
    06-28-06
    Location
    O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    610543
    if we told you we would have to kill you
    lol
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

    We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

    An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

    His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

  9. #9
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Ummm...

    Main Entry: 1 sub·al·tern
    Pronunciation: s&-'bol-t&rn, especially British 's&-b&l-t&rn
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Late Latin subalternus, from Latin sub- + alternus alternate, from alter other (of two) -- more at ALTER
    1 : particular with reference to a related universal proposition <"some S is P" is a subaltern proposition to "all S is P">
    2 : SUBORDINATE

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  10. #10
    Jackalope's Avatar
    Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Join Date
    11-12-06
    Location
    Right on the Left Coast
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    277441
    You think almost being banned from an internet forum is "adversity?"

    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

  11. #11
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352437
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    if we told you we would have to kill you
    lol

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  12. #12
    Piggybank Cop's Avatar
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Join Date
    05-17-06
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,207
    Rep Power
    645058
    Jenna, I'm available, for a price.

    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

    And no you can't have any.

  13. #13
    Crimebytes2's Avatar
    Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    04-14-06
    Location
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    On the contrary, I was just asking a technical question, in response to which I was hoping to get a simple technical solution, and tossed in a humorously intended reference to having teetered on the edge of being banned just to show that I can laugh at my own adversity. It's like when some women call themselves "bitches," some gays call themselves "f**s," and some African-American rappers call themselves "n*****s" because they believe that when the subaltern embrace words used against them by a dominant group, those words lose their power, and even become subversive.

    Anyway, I think I figured it out on my own, even without Terminator's help. Apparently, we can get the edited version of a thread title to appear on the forum index if we make the edit less than a minute after the original title is posted. I wish the grace period for such edits could be longer, or even indefinite, since it often takes me awhile to realize I wrote something I shouldn't. Not that my opinion matters--after all, I'm just a marginal member who has teetered on the edge of being banned.


    Good grief!

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Local cops make the front page.
    By BEB in forum In the News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-07, 09:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •