Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"

Lightbulb How about a "Troll Target Practice" section?

Ok hear me out on this one....

I've posted this on another LE site but it went over like a fart in Church but I still think it's a good idea.

You should create a section for the haters to post. No one can deny that there is nothing more fun than teeing off on Trolls. Unfortunately on most site the Mods ban 'em way too quick. Just as you're about to post a stinging retort you find the thread has been locked! That's a worse tease than in my dreams where a thong clad Angelina Jolie breathlessly chants my name....err, but I digress....

Anyway how about it? It gets stale when we all agree- we need some "red meat" once in awhile. The Trolls wouldn't take over the site because the Mods could take care of them if they strayed out of their designated 'Troll zone'.

Who here would not like to tee off on a hippie, crackhead, Liberal college student types or cop hater???? Think of the laughs we could have...

In the words of John 'Bluto' Blutarski.....

Who's with me?!?!?!?!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Amen brother...we get a few good ones round here to kick around. The mods like the sport of it, so they may go for it
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    I support it!!!!!

Indy Guest
    So riddle me this...are you proposing that the obvious troll threads be moved to this section by the mods? Because most trolls (IME) don't know or won't admit they are trolls. You know the old "the first step is admitting your problem." Well, many of them seem to have trouble with that part even when we enlighten them.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    The trolls would be able to post whatever shit they wanted in the troll section. Plus toll threads will be placed there.

I like the idea.

Wise_undergrad_08 is offline Master Officer
    I like it too. I say we go for it. Nothing makes me happier than finding holes in a troll's argument. (And then of course exposing them and soundly trouncing the troll until he cries for his mommy) Good times, good times. *sighs fondly* Let's do it. And +1, BrickCop, for a great suggestion.
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Cotton candy don't get wet until it's in your mouth.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    HMMM well let Brad, Will and Myself talk it over and we will let you all know .

And as far as your Jolie dream goes. Keep dreaming bro .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    The only problem I can see is that people's legit threads would get moved to the troll section due to the actions of a troll who might stumble into it and start trouble, which could be less than agreeable to the person starting a thread with good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    The only problem I can see is that people's legit threads would get moved to the troll section due to the actions of a troll who might stumble into it and start trouble, which could be less than agreeable to the person starting a thread with good intentions.

If they did that the Mods could vaporize (without warning) their post on that long running previously troll-free topic.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Works for me, I love a good argument

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    I like the idea provided the troll is real

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Switek
    I like the idea provided the troll is real

We can always bring W1zard back

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    Yeah but you have to take away his ability to ignore people. I think he only saw 1 out of every 10 posts.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    Controlling certain threads is a good idea and most websites have a spot. Often it is a rant section of some sort. Question is, define troll?

FishTail Guest
    Generally, someone who's trying to stir up argument (not debate) for the hell of it, making little or no useful contribution and is usually rude and abusive.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Generally, someone who's trying to stir up argument (not debate) for the hell of it, making little or no useful contribution and is usually rude and abusive.
    Uh oh! I better straighten up

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    You mean terminator? I would never have said that about him.

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    A troll is someone that goes to a website dedicated to a subject they hate and post purely to insult the users and cause arguements.
    Just being anti isnt a troll as I have posted in the past on anti-cop sites in a free debate manner but I wasnt a troll just expressing an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Indy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Garda30055A
    I have posted in the past on anti-cop sites in a free debate manner but I wasnt a troll just expressing an opinion.
    lol many trolls would claim the same.

Talking

Man you guys are over analylizing this, it's a pretty simple concept. It's not like that we're trying to cure Cancer here or trying to convince our wives to allow the hot Nanny into bed.

The bottom line is that this would afford us the chance to tee off on the very same a-holes who's shit we have to listen to while on duty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information