Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Rep points

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired

Rep points

A week or so ago I was sent two messages that I had been awarded some Rep Points but my display shows "0" How do I get the vision corrected?
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    you need at least 50 posts
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    There is a part in the FAQ in Rep Points. I think you already have to have some before you can be given any. It explains in the FAQ when you will get them. There is a certain time period before you get any, I am just too lazy to go look it up.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    There is a part in the FAQ in Rep Points. I think you already have to have some before you can be given any. It explains in the FAQ when you will get them. There is a certain time period before you get any, I am just too lazy to go look it up.

What is "rep" (reputation) and how does it work?
    The rep (aka: reputation) system here is quite simple.

Your rep bar shows overall how much reputation you have.

The more green your rep bar is, the more positive rep you have.

The more red your rep bar, the more negative rep you have.

The more positive rep you have, the more you influence other members reputation (up or down) when you positive or negative rep them.

The reputation system is a system used to determine one's reputation, or popularity, based on what other member's feelings on this site are of you, based on your posts, and other factors. Generally, a member with a green bar is over all well liked by most members, while someone with a red rep bar is generally disliked or disagreed with often.

When a person's reputation level is so low it reaches negative points, a message comes up on their posts stating, "Attitude Adjustment Needed."

Generally, a reputation is given to someone not just when you agree or disagree with their post (although that is what the rep box itself states), but when when someone posts something extraordinarily good, or extremely stupid.

To see who has rep'd you, click on User CP (User Control Panel). You will see which user has rep'd you, if it was a positive or negative rep, and the comment, if any, that they provided.

Here's how everything else works:

Default Reputation What reputation level shall new users receive upon registration? 10

Register Date Factor For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 30

Post Count Factor For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 25

Reputation Point Factor For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 500

Minimum Post Count How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 50 Until a member reaches 50 posts, their reputation will be sent to another member as a bluish-grey color, whether they agree or disagree with the post. During this time the member also cannot influence the other member's reputation level until they've reached 50 posts.

Minimum Reputation Count How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit. 3 Reputation User Spread How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit. 25

I recommend all members read FAQ. It contains most all of the information you will need to know, while surfing LEF.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    GET SOME TIME, ROOKIE!!!!!!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Thanks for the answers gang! Guess my chemo brain would not allow me to think about looking up "Reputation Points" - That would be too freeking easy...........

Sorry I troubled you. I should know better. But, then again, I am a "ROOKIE"
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information