Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Posting Pics???

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Posting Pics???

What am I missing???? How do you attach pics from files in your desktop? Or, must the pics have an internet link to be attached to a post?

I know, I know........I'm retarted.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    upload them to another site like photobucket or tinypics first then take the IMG code from there and copy and paste it into the thread

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What mack said. www.photobucket.com is perfect. Upload your pics to their site and it gives you four options to use depending on how you are using the pic. To put pics in your posts use the direct link option on photobucket. Copy the link by right clicking it. Then come to the forums and click the mountain with a yellow sky box (look above the text boy when typing you reply or thread, you'll see it) copy the link into the box that appears after you click that. Click ok and wammo your posting pics.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Can you create an album? (Not sure if that's a "supporting member" perk)

If so, you can load pics to your album, then you can post from there like you would photobucket.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Thanks, Five-0! I can now upoload pictures!
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

Verified LEO
    Thanks. I know how to do them from the net, I was just trying to avoid putting pics from my desktop on the net. But, if I have to in order to post here, I might have to do a few. A while ago I thought we could browse your desktop, along with the net, to find images.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Jarvis is offline O.R. Tech Support
    When you use "Go Advanced" for replies, or posting a new thread, there is a "manage attachments" feature you may be able to use.

After that, there are numerous free image hosting sites such as imageshack.us or photobucket. Most the time when you upload your image they give you bbCode that you can copy and paste into the reply boxes.

It'll look something like [img ]http://imagelocation.com/image.jpg[/img ] (but won't have those spaces)
    - Promote Officer Resource! Because everyone wants more noobs to make fun of!
    - vBulletin Services

Verified LEO
    thanks dave

Thread Information