Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Question

213th is online now Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Question

I like the new skin! I do have a question however, and it may be related to the new skin, but neither myself nor Hannah87 can log in. I was able to get on using a work computer where I had "remember me" checked on the log in screen, but I had to pull up a thread from my history list and go from there. If I try to go to the home page, then click on the forums tab, and then log in in the upper left hand corner, it says "Logging In" then it redirects back to the login screen again. Is this a setting on our computers, or just a small glitch with the update?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    I like the new skin! I do have a question however, and it may be related to the new skin, but neither myself nor Hannah87 can log in. I was able to get on using a work computer where I had "remember me" checked on the log in screen, but I had to pull up a thread from my history list and go from there. If I try to go to the home page, then click on the forums tab, and then log in in the upper left hand corner, it says "Logging In" then it redirects back to the login screen again. Is this a setting on our computers, or just a small glitch with the update?
    I just got home & discovered the same thing when I tried to log on. Then I noticed that in the side column of on-line users, it showed me logged on. So, I went to a thread & click on the home spot from there.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had a big itch of a time trying to get logged in tonight. I thought that maybe the Gods of the site decided they hated me while I slept today.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2009 View Post
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had a big itch of a time trying to get logged in tonight. I thought that maybe the Gods of the site decided they hated me while I slept today.
    Actually, go with your gut instinct. We locked you out on purpose.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    The Problem is fixed. We were switching over to the new look of officer resource and it took a few minutes for everything to sync up.

Let me know if you are still having any problems

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That happened to me today, when I logged in on the home page the site showed me as being logged in but I couldn't access the entire site until I selected a thread.

When I logged into the site from the forum link, I could see the entire site but when I tried to access a SR thread I got the "you must log in" popup. Not a major complaint but just thought I'd pass it along.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Yepee, I am glad it is not just me, I was having that trouble for 2 days but got on fine this evening.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    As late as 8 PM I tried every "log in" box and even an old trick (trying to post a response to a thread and getting a log in screen that way too) and I almost never got in.....

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Glad you made it Dapples
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Ok if you guys are having this problem try this quick fix Hit F5 three time and Then hold control and hit F5 three times. After that try to log in and let me know if it fixed

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Ok if you guys are having this problem try this quick fix Hit F5 three time and Then hold control and hit F5 three times. After that try to log in and let me know if it fixed

then turn around 4 times and cluck like a chicken

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Jarvis is offline O.R. Tech Support
    I may have had the wrong header code in for a little bit as well as the forum software being upgraded to include new security measures from session high jacking, so it may have corrupted your officer resource cookie, but that should all be fixed now, but if you are having login/logout problems you'll have to delete the corrupted cookie!

You can either clear all your cookies, or delete only the officer resource cookie. Instructions below! (if clearing all cookies you will be logged out of all sites not just officer resource)

FireFox Users:

Go To tools, Then Options click the Privacy Button up top. Click the "Show Cookies" Button.

In the Search Box that should appear. Type in officerresource and delete every single cookie that comes up.

This will log out out of the site if you're logged in, next login on the forums header with your user information and click the Remember Me box.

View a few pages, log out, then log back in and make sure its all working.

Internet Explorer Users.

Tools Menu, then Internet Options Then in the general tab under browsing history click Delete. Then Delete Cookies,

(if you want while your there delete temporary internet files to reclaim some disk space and speed up the IE ).

This will log out out of the site if you're logged in, next login on the forums header with your user information and click the Remember Me box.

View a few pages, log out, then log back in and make sure its all working.

If you need help with any of these steps, or still having problems shoot me a PM and i'll work with you to get it all sorted, include your browser version and if you're only experiencing the problem on some computers or all computers.
    - Promote Officer Resource! Because everyone wants more noobs to make fun of!
    - vBulletin Services

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I was having a few problems as well, but all working good now. Oh and by the way really like the new site setup, looks a lot better I think...............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    love the new skin...not having any problems at all
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    The new skin isn't showing Verified or Supporting Member tags for me.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jarvis is offline O.R. Tech Support
    Checking into it now

fixed
    - Promote Officer Resource! Because everyone wants more noobs to make fun of!
    - vBulletin Services

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Awesome response time, Dave! Thanks!!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information