New Officer Resource Features
As some of you maybe noticing officer resource has a few new features. I'll discuss how to use them here, and let you know of some more upcoming changes and features for everyone.
* The most noticeable is probably the YouTube videos, Google Video's and Yahoo video's all can now be directly embedded into posts. I understand there were some security concerns in the past with a similar modification, but this one does not suffer from those holes. The video's most be hosted at either YouTube.com Video.Google.com or Video.Yahoo.com video hosted at other sites are not supported, and probably never will be.
These instructions cover how you can embed video's directly into your posts.
1. Power On Computer (If already on proceed to step 2)
2. Open an internet browser of your choice (FireFox, IE, Opera, etc etc)
3. Navigate to one of the aforementioned video sites such as http://youtube.com
4. Locate a video you'd like to share with the community. I prefer to search for ones with girls, guns or beer. A combination of all 3 in one video would be perfect.
5. Over to the right of the video (on youtube) is a small greyish box with a link in a box that will say URL. It should appear like
(Please note you can sometimes use the link in the address bar, but sometimes it will not work. Grabbing the link from the greyish box, will work 100% of the time).
6. Copy the provided code.
7. Visit OfficerResource and attempt to create the thread in the forum of your choice.
8. Paste the code from step 5 into the post any where. Please make sure the URL is not inside any SIZE, FONT, COLOR, B, I, U, bbcode already
9. Submit Message.
[size=99] ZOMG CHECK OUT VIDEOZ![b] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMq3xVpghKM[/b][/size]
*Steps for Google video and Yahoo video similar.
Yahoo Video follow all above steps. For step 5 all you need is the video code from the Video page
Google Video you must get the video in the whole window itself and get some code form the address bar that looks like
Thats all there is to it! Just copy and paste once you've got the first steps down.
* You may also notice that some usernames have a color. Co-Owners are Red and easily identifiable now, Supporters are Green, Super Mod's are a bold black.
If you are a verified LEO, do not fear, we are working on getting you your blue username as soon as a small bug is squshed.
Anyone who misbehaves, causes troubles, or is annoying, has a "Pink" user name.
* Attachments, once again work. You should be able to hit the "Manage Attachments" button, and actually use it now. All previous attachments have been lost, from a server move before I was around (sometime last year it looks like)
* Before when someone would post a HUGE image, the layout of the site would break, your retina's would burn, and, your computer screen would have to scroll side to side. Fear no more from those who can't not resize images. It is now automatically redone, and all you have to do is click the image to view full size.
* The arcade will have approx 200+ new games shortly available for everyone to play and enjoy.
* There is a new "Midnight Shift" skin available for use. Anyone who needs a little less contrast in their lives can use it. You can select it from the style chooser in the Bottom Left hand corner of the screen.
Only surprises which I can't discuss if I want to keep my pretty Administrator Title