Results 1 to 20 of 30
Thread: New Officer Resource Features
09-20-08, 10:30 PM #1
New Officer Resource Features
As some of you maybe noticing officer resource has a few new features. I'll discuss how to use them here, and let you know of some more upcoming changes and features for everyone.
* The most noticeable is probably the YouTube videos, Google Video's and Yahoo video's all can now be directly embedded into posts. I understand there were some security concerns in the past with a similar modification, but this one does not suffer from those holes. The video's most be hosted at either YouTube.com Video.Google.com or Video.Yahoo.com video hosted at other sites are not supported, and probably never will be.
These instructions cover how you can embed video's directly into your posts.
1. Power On Computer (If already on proceed to step 2)
2. Open an internet browser of your choice (FireFox, IE, Opera, etc etc)
3. Navigate to one of the aforementioned video sites such as http://youtube.com
4. Locate a video you'd like to share with the community. I prefer to search for ones with girls, guns or beer. A combination of all 3 in one video would be perfect.
5. Over to the right of the video (on youtube) is a small greyish box with a link in a box that will say URL. It should appear like
6. Copy the provided code.
7. Visit OfficerResource and attempt to create the thread in the forum of your choice.
8. Paste the code from step 5 into the post any where. Please make sure the URL is not inside any SIZE, FONT, COLOR, B, I, U, bbcode already
[size=99] ZOMG CHECK OUT VIDEOZ![b] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMq3xVpghKM[/b][/size]
*Steps for Google video and Yahoo video similar.
Yahoo Video follow all above steps. For step 5 all you need is the video code from the Video page
* You may also notice that some usernames have a color. Co-Owners are Red and easily identifiable now, Supporters are Green, Super Mod's are a bold black.
If you are a verified LEO, do not fear, we are working on getting you your blue username as soon as a small bug is squshed.
Anyone who misbehaves, causes troubles, or is annoying, has a "Pink" user name.
* Attachments, once again work. You should be able to hit the "Manage Attachments" button, and actually use it now. All previous attachments have been lost, from a server move before I was around (sometime last year it looks like)
* Before when someone would post a HUGE image, the layout of the site would break, your retina's would burn, and, your computer screen would have to scroll side to side. Fear no more from those who can't not resize images. It is now automatically redone, and all you have to do is click the image to view full size.
* The arcade will have approx 200+ new games shortly available for everyone to play and enjoy.
* There is a new "Midnight Shift" skin available for use. Anyone who needs a little less contrast in their lives can use it. You can select it from the style chooser in the Bottom Left hand corner of the screen.
Only surprises which I can't discuss if I want to keep my pretty Administrator Title
09-20-08, 11:21 PM #2
Excellent! Thanks for the update.
09-20-08, 11:25 PM #3
Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.
Not a LEO
In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.
09-20-08, 11:29 PM #4
09-20-08, 11:31 PM #5
09-20-08, 11:41 PM #6
I won't loose my high score in the arcade will I?'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud
09-20-08, 11:56 PM #7
09-21-08, 12:05 AM #8
We hope that you all enjoy the changes that we are making. We have again taken the feedback that the members have given us and tried to improve the site. Please continue to leave feedback on what you would like to see and we will do our best to accommodate you!
I would also like to publicly thank Dave. Dave is a huge asset to our site and he takes pride in what he does! Dave has been a great addition to our site!
As Always if you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact a mod, super mod or one of the owners!
09-21-08, 12:10 AM #9
09-21-08, 12:13 AM #10
HOLY SHIT JENNA.. OUR DAVE is in that video. He is Dave #2
09-21-08, 12:16 AM #11
Way to go Dave. Now where is Pacman?
Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com
09-21-08, 12:24 AM #12
All excellent changes.No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13
"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".
We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.
09-21-08, 12:34 AM #13
We sincerely hope all of you enjoy the changes. Site Staff has been working hard to work out the details on this, and Super Dave has been working hard to make it happen.
Bottom line: Our members are very lucky to have the team they do running the show here, and we're very lucky to have the members we do!
09-21-08, 02:22 AM #14
Sweet!!! My main request for the site has come to fruition!! The evolution of O/R continues!
YouTube - The Simpsons - Homer EvolutionThe views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.
09-21-08, 02:45 AM #15
09-21-08, 02:48 AM #16
09-21-08, 04:43 AM #17
09-21-08, 02:52 PM #18
09-21-08, 08:30 PM #19
still unable to post a picture on any thread... ;-(
i hate rejectionV
09-21-08, 08:41 PM #20
Thanks Dave, Reca, and Term for making this site so great and to all the other members and users who make this place interesting and fun to return to time and again, and of course the Mods who keep us in line ha ha ha.
My dad, I miss him every day.
Originally Posted by Wolven
Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.
I am a female!!!!! LMAO
Be who you are and say what you feel.....
Because those that matter...don't mind...
And those that mind...don't matter
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)