Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

NSFW Thread Titles - NSFW Language

I'm glad we all make an effort to use the caution on threads, but should we do the same with thread titles? Most work filters probably pick up words like cocksucker, so if they show up on the main forum page when people visit it could create issues for users who are trying to visit responsibly.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Currently the only way to filter this would be for us to ban the use of potential not work safe terms from thread titles (oh, what a headache), or censor the word so it doesn't show up (eg: A**hole).

While I understand your position I don't see us changing how we're doing it, unless we're able to find a way around what we're currently doing that isn't one of the above methods.

If I can find a way to do it, I will.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Just an idea... If you enabled HTTPS on the web server, the network traffic would be encrypted. The only way they could intercept it easily would be to put a "screen scraper" program on the PC's, which they probably don't do.

Registered certificates are expensive, but if you generate your own certificate for https, it will pop up annoying warnings about the certificate being invalid on every page, but it still does provide encryption. Other people could still access the site through unencrypted HTTP, and wouldn't get them warnings.

However, whether people would trust their jobs to the encription or not is doubtful. Also, if they click a hard-coded link, it mayfall out of HTTPS and back to HTTP. It would also slow your site down for everyone, because encrypting the pages takes CPU power, and it's more data to transmit back and forth - but I'm assuming that very few people would actually use HTTPS, because of the annoying warnings that would pop up on every page unless you bought a registered certificate.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    ^ Yeah, not an option from where I'm sitting.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Not so expensive anymore since GoDaddy gives out SSL certificates like candy, something like 25 bucks a year. If it was just an option used by those avoiding getting flagged at work (or logging in from unsecure locations) rather than the default the server load would be minimal. First question I have though is if people getting flagged for naughty words are allowed a https connection.

Thread Information