Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Adding, Deleting or Changing signature and Birthday email.

I noticed that this comes up whenever I try to add the "Support Sgt Crowley avatar" to my signature that everyone else seems to have.

This happens even if I try to add so much as a period.

BB code url is not allowed.
    Is there a switch or button that needs to be clicked or am I doing something wrong?

I would have posted this earlier but this is the first time in a while that I have actually had the time to make this thread.

I realize my signature is on the large size and if I need to trim it down, please let me know as I would really like to add the avatar here.

Also, not that it matters, I noticed that my birthday was not on the calendar for today. However it shows up on my profile page. Which explains why I didn't get an email announcing it or a thread from our resident birthday announcer(s). I tried to add it to the calendar but I don't think I got the desired result. I believe I received a thread and email last year. I've also tried to edit this as well on the user control panel but I don't think it worked.

Perhaps this was a glitch that happened when we had the site changeover? I don't know, just grasping at straws here.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I'll leave the technical issues to the Site Staff and computer geeks, but the lack of a birthday thread has been fixed. Happy birthday!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Walk me through the exact steps you are using to add the signature.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Walk me through the exact steps you are using to add the signature.
    Find and click on Support Crowley avatar thread and click on it

Find avatar in Countybear's post, right click to open in new tab. (Not his avatar)

Go up to browser window to copy Countybear's link to avatar (should work, right? Or do I need to host this through photobucket on my own?)

Click on user control panel

Scroll down and click on edit signature

Paste into edit signature window. (Isn't there supposed to be a post link button there? Looks like a world globe. So I can post the link there rather than directly into the window? Similar to when I am posting a link in a thread? There isn't for me, here in this signature window)

Scroll down to click on preview signature to make sure it is ok or click on save signature. Either way I get the BB code url is not allowed message.

I get the BB code message even if I try to add anything to my signature through the edit window.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Yeah, you need to link it. Problem resolved.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    double post

Not a LEO

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1. BB code url is not allowed.
    That's just it. The edit signature page won't let me enter it as a link. I have tried to link it with countybear's link from photobucket as well as my own from photobucket and nada.

I have also tried creating the link from the reply to thread page and pasting it to the edit signature page and it won't go.

It won't let me even enter or add regular text without the error message popping up.

If it helps in describing things, I don't have the globe link button on the edit signature page like I do with the reply to thread page. Is this the button that I should be using? Am I using the wrong button?

Here are my signature permissions. If this helps any.

Allow Basic BB Code Yes
    Allow Color BB Code Yes
    Allow Size BB Code Yes
    Allow Font BB Code Yes
    Allow Alignment BB Code Yes
    Allow List BB Code No
    Allow Link BB Code No
    Allow HTML No
    Allow Image BB Code Yes
    Allow Code BB Code No
    Allow PHP BB Code No
    Allow HTML BB Code No
    Allow Quote BB Code Yes
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes

Not a LEO

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Here's a another way:

1. Right-click on someone's avitor or signature picture, select "Save Picture As..." and save the picture it to your disk drive (change the name from xxxx.gif to xxxx.jpg and save as a JPEG file)
    2. Then on your Signature editor page, use Option 2 to upload a signature picture : Click Browse, find the file that you just saved on disk, click on it, then click the "Open" button to select the file.
    3. Click the Upload button below the file Browse button. You should now see the picture on the signature edit page.
    4. Then click the link on the signature edit page that says "Insert Signature Picture". That will place the tags [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the signature page (or you can insert those tags yourself).
    5. Click Save Signature, and check one of your old postings to see if it worked

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Here's a another way:

1. Right-click on someone's avitor or signature picture, select "Save Picture As..." and save the picture it to your disk drive (change the name from xxxx.gif to xxxx.jpg and save as a JPEG file)
    2. Then on your Signature editor page, use Option 2 to upload a signature picture : Click Browse, find the file that you just saved on disk, click on it, then click the "Open" button to select the file.
    3. Click the Upload button below the file Browse button. You should now see the picture on the signature edit page.
    4. Then click the link on the signature edit page that says "Insert Signature Picture". That will place the tags [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the signature page (or you can insert those tags yourself).
    5. Click Save Signature, and check one of your old postings to see if it worked
    I have tried that and it will go through that way. The only thing is, I would like to keep the current sigpic that I already have. Could it be possible that the sig page will only accept one image?

If I remember correctly, I think that there are some others here that have more than one image on their signature. RSA and Bird1 comes to mind.

Not a LEO

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    The way I got it was to right click on the avatar, save to my desktop, then went to my user cp and replaced my old avatar with this one.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    I have tried that and it will go through that way. The only thing is, I would like to keep the current sigpic that I already have. Could it be possible that the sig page will only accept one image?

If I remember correctly, I think that there are some others here that have more than one image on their signature. RSA and Bird1 comes to mind.
    Yeah, I think it will only accept one image... However you can take PhotoShop or something and create a larger image with both images pasted on it.

If you don't have PhotoShop, here's a good free image editor I use a lot:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The way I got it was to right click on the avatar, save to my desktop, then went to my user cp and replaced my old avatar with this one.
    That would work fine if I wanted to use it for my Avatar.

However, I want to put it into my signature.

I will probably use it for an Avatar if I can't get it to work otherwise.

I received a PM, and think I will use it this way. Even if it is not exactly where I wanted to put it. At least the Crowley support pic is there to be seen.

Not a LEO

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    I have a sig image (Molon Labe) and added a link from my photobucket for the Crowley pic - that's how I got mine with 2 - just FYI
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    I have a sig image (Molon Labe) and added a link from my photobucket for the Crowley pic - that's how I got mine with 2 - just FYI
    That's what I originally wanted to do but for some reason I can't post anything to add to what I already have. Links, text, nothing. I wanted to put it centered at the top like you have yours.

The only way I was able to get the Crowley pic in there was that Odd showed me an example of putting my sig pic together with the Crowley pic in one image. I still think it has something to do with the BB code url not being allowed that shows up in my sig permissions.

The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1. BB code url is not allowed.
    This error code thingy shows up every time I try to do something with my sig page.

Not a LEO

Thread Information