Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    This from the guy who has posted in the past that he really only feels truly comfortable and primarily hangs out with LEOs and current and former servicemen because they are the ones who TRULY get it?

Don't make me find the post Normypoo.

On a lighter note, he's new here and doesn't know the public here like we do. He'll come around, unless you keep calling him names.

I have seen combat on two continents. Do I make his special list? Such ignorance from our friend from across the pond.

FishTail Guest
    Now, let's all be friendly like. No need for name calling.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Easy fella, I still like you.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I dunno, some of the greatest people I've ever met were cops. So were some of the biggest assholes I've ever known too. Guess it's a split decision for me.

You can name just about any crime and I can think of a cop I knew that went to jail for it, including child molestation. So passing a civil service test doesn't automatically make anybody a wonderful human being in my view.

But, I'm old and probably smell funny.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Now, let's all be friendly like. No need for name calling.
    +1
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Falcata is offline UK police officer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    Perhaps your an *******?
    There you go...

A post to prove me point exactly...

Last edited by Terminator; 04-17-06 at 10:06 PM.
    'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
    but because of those who look on and do nothing.'

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety1st
    There you go...

Because you made an ignorant post, you think somehow you have proven a point?

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    This from the guy who has posted in the past that he really only feels truly comfortable and primarily hangs out with LEOs and current and former servicemen because they are the ones who TRULY get it?

Don't make me find the post Normypoo.

On a lighter note, he's new here and doesn't know the public here like we do. He'll come around, unless you keep calling him names.

Thank your for your obvious support...

The problem with cops posting on public forums...and what i've witnessed in the past (which made me post the post).....is that they become fair game for people who want to have a 'dig'..

People who wouldn't normally say boo to a goose in the street...suddenly take on some sort of Chuck Norris persona when sitting behind the sanctuary of a keyboard screen..

THAT is why i'm often reluctant to discuss police matters on a public forum......

Not really a post that deserved being called an 'Ass' is it?

Verified LEO
    There you go...

I've known Norm a long time. He's good people. I say again, if you don't know any cops that are assholes, you don't know very many cops.

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Nah...of course not..(well not all of you... )

It's just that some people visit cop forums in the hope of catching a cop writing something wrong, or a chance to complain about a cop..

Or even just an opportunity to have a free dig and a bash at a cop from the safety and sanctuary of their computer keyboard...

That's why i'm more relaxed on the verified cop only sections..

Easy to understand, I think...
    I understand what you're saying. Please realize the regular civilian posters on here are pretty squared away...except for that Charlie fellow, something up with him.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Verified LEO
    The problem with cops posting on public forums...and what i've witnessed in the past (which made me post the post).....is that they become fair game for people who want to have a 'dig'..
    Yeah, those people do come on police forums, but you're painting with a mighty big brush when you lump all civilians in that. There are also cops on this and other forums who I find just as tiresome with their elitist attitude.

Some people (and I'm not saying you) seem to think that passing a damn civil service exam makes them some sort of demigod.

Maybe he shouldn't have called you an ass, but I can understand his resentment at your remark.

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    I understand what you're saying. Please realize the regular civilian posters on here are pretty squared away
    I agree with that. Those who come here to cause trouble are pretty quickly booted off.

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt
    I've known Norm a long time. He's good people. I say again, if you don't know any cops that are assholes, you don't know very many cops.
    I'm sure Norm is a good guy...Despite the fact he's happy to call me an 'ass'..

And I agree totally that ther are many cops that are in fact assholes...

However, when in my spare time, I frequent an internet forum....what i'm saying is that i'm careful about where I post.

I frequent several public forums, but dont get into police debates...

When it comes to police debates, I feel more comfortable knowing its other cops that are reading.....As i know only too well of how things we write on public forums can come back to bite you on the ass...
    It's not elitist....or even feeling superior.....

If I cant voice my opinion, like I have...then it's a bit of a poor show on here..

I didn't say that anything derrogatory about non-LEO posters...only that I favoured the cop only sections....

Is that such a bad thing...?

I tell you what....

After posting many posts on here..in my short time on here...and recommending it to other people....and trying to be 'friendly' and 'helpful'..etc etc..

If this is the attitude and way people are treated on here.....perhaps it's best that i'm not a part of it..

I'll wish you all the best of luck for the future.....

I'm out of here.....

Reader only from here on in....

Verified LEO
    If I cant voice my opinion, like I have...then it's a bit of a poor show on here..

I didn't say that anything derrogatory about non-LEO posters...only that I favoured the cop only sections....

Is that such a bad thing...?
    Of course you can voice an opinion. But if you don't like posting around civilians, then say it in the verified section and not in the general area. What good does it do to poke people like that?

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    If I cant voice my opinion, like I have...then it's a bit of a poor show on here.. I didn't say that anything derrogatory about non-LEO posters...only that I favoured the cop only sections.... Is that such a bad thing...?
    I understand your reasons for preferring the cop-only sections (birds of a feather and all that). But I hope you'll continue to visit the public section too. I for one may strongly disagree with some cops' opinions, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to hear their opinions.

Ocassionally someone even changes my mind and makes me think about something that I've never considered, but I rarely admit it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

FishTail Guest
    Ok folks, show's over. Let's get this back on topic (titles for site members, in case you'd forgotten) or it's getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt
    Of course you can voice an opinion. But if you don't like posting around civilians, then say it in the verified section and not in the general area. What good does it do to poke people like that?
    As far as i'm concerned...the only reason why a civilian would visit a cop forum..is to ask advice....

As for then 'hanging around'....Mmm..I just don't get it....

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    As far as i'm concerned...the only reason why a civilian would visit a cop forum..is to ask advice....

Ehhh never mind.

A lot of us are here, because we have futures in LE, or family, friends n LE, etc. I've learned a lot from my time on different LE forums, and its nice place to hang, as I work my way to eventually becoming an LEO. I don't smell either. Well I hope not.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information