Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO

droid browsing??

Is there any way to stop forcing droids to the mobile version of this forum? Perhaps adding a "full site" button at the bottom of the page.. I find the mobile site to be horribly frustrating..

Thanks

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Mike. I simply changed setting on my Droid to view sites as a desktop. I view the site as I do on my laptop
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Uhm, where's that setting?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    On my Droid d'inc I open my internet browser and go to more then settings

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    I can't find that option

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    What phone do you ha e? Also you can download the dolphin browser in the Android market for free and it has that option also.

Verified LEO
    The original motorola droid

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I am not familiar with the MOTO Droid. I would look into the dolphin browser or maybe xiphos or MAC or 5_0 can tell you how to switch views

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I downloaded the Dolphin HD browser last night after reading through this thread. I still have not found how to view the site the same way I do on my home computer or MDT though. I will say I'm not having the issues with Froyo that Mike is having.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Open dolphin browser. Click on then on settings. Once in settings click on user agent. From here you can chose how to view webpage.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Open dolphin browser. Click on then on settings. Once in settings click on user agent. From here you can chose how to view webpage.
    That is the ticket Mike. Works on my MotoDroid.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Most browsers will have an option in their settings to change the "User Agent" (how the browser identifies itself to websites). If you have it set to "iPhone" or "Android" the websites will feed their mobile versions. The user agent "Desktop" will get you the standard browser.

For you guys on the Dolphin Browser, have you seen the Dolphin HD browser?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    For you guys on the Dolphin Browser, have you seen the Dolphin HD browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I downloaded the Dolphin HD browser last night after reading through this thread.

Passed your drug test lately there Cheech?

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ease up wiseass, you ain't the only one posting in the thread.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jet lag is a bitch.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information