Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Most scenarios I can think of don't involve tactics, but interpretations of law. I think it could still work in the public sections, just don't discuss safety-sensitive issues.

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Most scenarios I can think of don't involve tactics, but interpretations of law. I think it could still work in the public sections, just don't discuss safety-sensitive issues.
    I'll go along with that. As long as we're not discussin officer safety in the public area I don't have a problem. Hell, I might enjoy looking for US laws instead of British.

K9ForLife is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGlock40
    Well if it is decided that a scenario section is wanted, we can go from there. I would like to gets peoples imput also as to where they would want it.

Verified LEO side and I vote yes.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You guys have fun in there

kimby is offline Banned
    Maybe there could be one in Verified and one in public. It would be fun to have one which citizens could participate in as long as you guys wouldn't laugh at us too much if we say something vastly wrong (which I know I will). It would be a good learning experience.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I would be all for one in the public are in which you all discuss the tactis of it and or laws of it. The LEO's on the board could simply say wrong idea, right idea. Etc... It would allow you all to get a better insight as to what we do and why we do what we do.

I will say this though as the others have said, we can not for our safety go into specific detail of tactics. So long as you all understand that it could work.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yeah I think everyone understands some things aren't to be talked about. They aren't exactly "top secret" since they're likely all over the internet, but it's best to keep a lot of it low profile. I still think it would be an interesting addition to the site, and it would be a shame to hide it in the verified section. Never know when a tidbit of info from a civilian might be worth reading

The LEO's on the board could simply say wrong idea, right idea.
    lol - "you're getting warmer... warmer... nope ice cold!" Sounds funny but probably would just irritate people.

kimby is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    It would allow you all to get a better insight as to what we do and why we do what we do.
    Exactly. I would love that.

As for not giving details, I just hope you guys aren't going to fight about it like on Officer.com. Sometimes a member will say something which other members think is TMI for the public and then there are accusations and arguing. If someone says too much, I think others should quietly PM him.
    Last edited by kimby; 04-29-06 at 12:21 PM.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Very little of what officers do on "normal" calls involves any kind of secret tactical crap. A lot of what officers do depends on personal preference, so sharing much of that wouldn't help any criminal. I saw on one site a person asked "what side of the car do you approach on a traffic stop." Some officers said "I won't discuss that information." There are two options, people. You aren't giving away any secret info, because you approach whatever side makes sense in the situation. SWAT, undercover work, surveillance, dignitary protection and other special operations should of course remain behind closed doors. Just be realistic about what's common sense and what can actually hurt you or another officer, and it should all be fine.

Whitewolf is offline Hard Of Hearing Non-LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Why not both? Then any sensitive tactical info can be hidden from these civilians

Phhhhhffftttt scare of us, eh?

j/k
    I SEE NEKKED PEOPLE! AIN'T SKEERED!!!!!

kimby is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    I saw on one site a person asked "what side of the car do you approach on a traffic stop." Some officers said "I won't discuss that information."
    Yes, I saw that! I think sometimes the secrecy is taken too far.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimby
    Yes, I saw that! I think sometimes the secrecy is taken too far.
    Why give out any more info then you have to? No one needs to know that but the cops that make the stop...
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

That's right.

kimby is offline Banned
    Why give out any more info then you have to? No one needs to know that but the cops that make the stop...
    I dunno, Glock. Usually when O.commers refuse to answer a question, officers in person are perfectly willing to explain. I don't know how you guys decide what should be revealed and what shouldn't. I just hope we can have scenarios without everyone arguing over that.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    It's not a big deal, seriously. There are very few secrets, and what secrets there are, people know not to share. Some people just cling to "secrets" to make themselves feel important. It's the people who don't talk at all who really know the inside stuff.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimby
    I dunno, Glock. Usually when O.commers refuse to answer a question, officers in person are perfectly willing to explain. I don't know how you guys decide what should be revealed and what shouldn't. I just hope we can have scenarios without everyone arguing over that.

We all have different perspectives. When I see you in person, I know I'm talking to YOU. But if I post in it on the net anyone can see.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

kimby is offline Banned
    We all have different perspectives. When I see you in person, I know I'm talking to YOU. But if I post in it on the net anyone can see.
    Okay.

Hmmm...this thread is gettin' more interesting.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf
    Hmmm...this thread is gettin' more interesting.

Not really, just sounds like a good old fashioned pissing contest. Those pissing just better hope it's not windy outside.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I thought it was raining
    Last edited by Virginian; 04-29-06 at 07:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information