Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Badge17 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

State Specific section

Is there any interest in creating a state specific section with a forum for each state? Lets say I have a question about a law in IL or a tactic used by an IL agency or even just a news story that pertains to IL law enforcement. It could be shared in the IL forum and commented on by mainly people from that specific state or people with knowledge of that states laws. I think it would be an asset to the site as a whole and I think it should be open to all members not just verified LEO.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badge17 View Post
    Is there any interest in creating a state specific section with a forum for each state? Lets say I have a question about a law in IL or a tactic used by an IL agency or even just a news story that pertains to IL law enforcement. It could be shared in the IL forum and commented on by mainly people from that specific state or people with knowledge of that states laws. I think it would be an asset to the site as a whole and I think it should be open to all members not just verified LEO.
    Its a good idea, and has been brought up before. One of the hang ups to this would be activity. I'm afraid that it would fragment the site a little too much, and clutter up the forums with a lot of forums that wouldn't have nearly the activity that the others would.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    At most, I'd suggest regional sections (maybe follow the RISS Center lines?) but even that, I don't think, would generate enough traffic in those regions to be worth running. Also -- we've had some very good, informative discussions prompted out of a "Anyone in Virginia able to help with/know about..." posts, comparing and contrasting things across different states.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information