Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Barack Obama to use YouTube to deliver weekly address- Good idea or Bad idea

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

9 100.00%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Barack Obama to use YouTube to deliver weekly address

The presidential radio address will be getting a well-deserved upgrade once Barack Obama is sworn into office next year. His weekly radio address will also be uploaded to YouTube for all of the Internet to see, according to the Washington Post. Obama will begin utilizing the system even before making it to the White House by recording the Democratic address today, which will be posted on his transition Web site, Change.gov Sunday via YouTube.
    Obama has proven to be a fan of the video sharing Web site and made it a key component in his campaign for presidency. His personalized YouTube channel has 1800 videos uploaded thus far and millions upon millions of views.
    If anything, having the video easily accessible on YouTube will help the generation of Internet users stay up to date with the going-ons of the president, straight from his mouth.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think it's a good idea to utilize new media to get the message out.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Distributing the weekly address online via video is a natural evolution of technology. BTW, President Bush's addresses are already online and archived back to 2001. At least they are for the moment.

The choice of YouTube is interesting. I'm glad the decision was NOT to set up a government website to deliver the video addresses. Use the experts and let them manage the hosting and fund distribution costs via their profit model (whatever YouTube's is).

I do wonder what the other video hosting site owners think of this though.

The amount of actual traffic driven to the site isn't the concern, but having the tacit endorsement of the President of the United States is different than a candidate using a website to host their ads for free. Though many government websites have Google search boxes on them or use Yahoo for something else I'm drawing a blank on a President working directly with a specific online company. I don't have a problem with it, just a thought.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Good! Since I don't have TV service I would love to hear what he chooses to say. Then I can view it without the spin that the media puts on things and draw my own conclusions.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    great, all the Obama fans will be watching youtube instead of getting any work done, and they were the majority vote.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Why not, personnally I do not intend to listen to his speeches. but with more media outlets I will get to hear all criticisms and analogies from others.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcnuke View Post
    great, all the Obama fans will be watching youtube instead of getting any work done, and they were the majority vote.
    Now I'll never get any work done!

I think it's a great idea! "Internet side chats" will be the 21st century version of the "fire side chats" practiced by Franklin Delano Roosevelt (whose reincarnation many hope Obama will turn out to be ) And it will make it easier for Obama's critics to make mashup youtube parodies of him, sprinkling in pictures of terrorists and scary music. It's a win-win situation for everyone!

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Now I'll never get any work done!

I think it's a great idea! "Internet side chats" will be the 21st century version of the "fire side chats" practiced by Franklin Delano Roosevelt (whose reincarnation many hope Obama will turn out to be ) And it will make it easier for Obama's critics to make mashup parodies of him, sprinkling in pictures of terrorists and scary music. It's a win-win situation for everyone!
    Yeah, I'll give him a chance, don't really have a choice now... I find speeches to be very

Thread Information