Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    The only job in the White House that interests me is Secretary of Homeland Security.
    Why's that?

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think if conservatives looked past the publicity that Palin had during the presidential campaign and into her record as Governor, they'd be well pleased with her.

As mayor, she would call one member of the public once a week to ask what they're opinion was of the cities standing. Which while not required is a pretty good thing to do.

As mayor, cut property taxes 75%, eliminated personal property and buisness inventory taxes.

Used municipal bonds to improve roads and sewers, and increase funding to the police dept

in between mayor and governor, she served on Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, from which she resigned due to the inethical actions of fellow republicans, several of which were later fined due to her exposing them.

First year as governor-slashed 231 million in state funding using line item veto to include letting the Governor's gormet chef go saying that there was no reason why she and her husband couldn't do the cooking.

First year as governor, followed through with her promise and sold the private jet that the past republican governor had purchased with state money

When she works in the Anchorage office, she refuses the money for a hotel room.

Her gubernatorial expenses are 80% less then her predecessor

Now, is she perfect? No. But she sure is doing a very fine job as governor, and would do a fine job as president or vice president. And to say she isn't conservative, I think, is a vast mis-statement. But unless you follow Alaskan news, which is unlikely if you don't live and never have lived in alaska, then it's not likely that you'd know any of this. Instead, the bits and pieces that the media brought up during the election, or the misconceptions that were widely popular (some due to the SNL skit) are probably influencing the opinion of the vast majority of people.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Why's that?

I think DHS has become an interesting idea which could do some real good if managed properly, and some real bad if managed poorly.

Everything from the USCG to FEMA sits under one hat!

I can't imagine a more interesting command.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information