Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Obama considering giving former Clinton cum dumpster Monica Lewinsky a job in his administration

President-Elect Barack Obama's transition team is reported to be deeply divided over whether to offer a post to Monica Lewinsky, the former White House Intern whose intimate relationship with President Bill Clinton led to his impeachment. Until now, Lewinsky was one of the few high-profile figures from the Clinton Presidency who had not been recruited for the incoming Obama team. Mr. Clinton's brother Roger is another, though on Friday there were rumors he would be named ambassador to Spain.
    One group, which includes David Axelrod, Mr. Obama's campaign manager who has been named his senior advisor, favors the move to balance the influence of the Clinton-era policy people by adding someone with a different perspective.
    A second faction led by Mr. Obama's Chief-of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, is bitterly opposed believing that a Lewinsky appointment would needlessly antagonize the Clintons and their supporters. Before being elected to Congress, Mr. Emanuel served as a senior advisor to President Clinton.
    Former South Dakota Senator Tom Daschle, who is expected to be nominated as Secretary of Health and Human Services, responded to a reporter who asked about the Lewinsky rumors by pretending to receive a cell phone call. When the reporter took the phone from him and closed it while making a "we both know what you're doing" facial expression, Daschle said that appointing Lewinsky would be "like rubbing salt in the wounds of Senator Clinton at a time when we're supposed to be in a healing process." He added that Miss Lewinsky's presence in the White House would be "a huge distraction."
    But New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, who broke with the Clintons over his endorsement of Mr. Obama, said that Lewinsky was "a fresh face" with "a lot to offer." Richardson lost the post of Secretary of State to Senator Clinton and is now Mr. Obama's choice for the far less prestigious job of Secretary of Commerce. "The Obama adminstration should be focused on recruiting the best people to help us address the challenges of the future and not get bogged down in past history," he said.
    The Clintons themselves have not commented on the possibility of a Lewinsky appointment though people close to her have said that Sen. Clinton was shocked and appalled by the idea. "It's a non-starter for her," said Philippe Raines, a longtime aide to Sen. Clinton. "She doesn't want to run into Monica in the West Wing ladies' room," he added.
    However, Justin Cooper, who edited Mr. Clinton's autobiography, My Life, and has remained close to the former president, said that Mr. Clinton was cautiously supportive of the prospect. "He's always had great admiration for Monica's abilities," Cooper said. "I think he's just concerned that she might get in over her head if she were given a job as a political move."
    Since the scandal, in addition to her status as a pop culture icon of sorts, Lewinsky has had a brief career as a handbag designer and then attended the London School of Economics where she received a master's degree in Social Psychology. Her thesis was titled "In Search of the Impartial Juror: An Exploration of the Third Person Effect and Pre-Trial Publicity."
    No decision has been reached as to exactly what sort of job Lewinsky might be offered. "With her background, I could imagine her doing something on either the jurisprudence side at the Department of Justice or on the handbag side, at either the Department of Commerce or the Department of Agriculture," said Deborah Kaye, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who studies the Executive Branch.
    Monica Lewinsky was not available for comment. Through her attorney, William Ginsburg, she released a statement, which read, in part, "I am honored and humbled by the opportunity to serve my country again at this crucial juncture in our history."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I told you , Jenna. Tell her to wear a bib this time.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I told you , Jenna. Tell her to wear a bib this time.
    Didn't you know that Jenna is really Monica???? So your statement should be

Jenna wear a bib this time

Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    Didn't you know that Jenna is really Monica???? So your statement should be

Jenna wear a bib this time

From what I hear, she wouldn't have to open her mouth that much.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    From what I hear, she wouldn't have to open her mouth that much.
    Since when have you been talking with Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Since when have you been talking with Hillary?

Since when would Hillary know that?

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think Monica will be a teriffic head of what every department she is put in charge of.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I think Monica will be a teriffic head of what every department she is put in charge of.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    She'll probably blow this opportunity if she gets it.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    That would suck.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    That would suck.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Maybe she can be another token Republican in his administration....

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh hell I'll say it! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Blow jobs for everybody!!!!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Oh hell I'll say it! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Blow jobs for everybody!!!!
    She'll be in charge of taking them from the rich and giving them to the poor!

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I bet she wears a blue dress to her interview

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    She'll be in charge of taking them from the rich and giving them to the poor!

I owe you some rep for that one , Jenna.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Obama's reasoning in appointing Lewinsky would be fellatious.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information