Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Which former President do you think Obama will most resemble in a best-case scenario, and which in a worst-case scenario?

Which former President do you think Obama will most resemble in a best-case scenario, and which in a worst-case scenario?

I think Obama will most resemble Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a best-case scenario, and Bill Clinton in a worst-case scenario.

The media do seem a bit in love with That One. I think he's pretty cool too, but I have to admit the media infatuation is a bit over the top--the current media debate seems to be over whether Obama will be more like Abraham Lincoln or more like Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jimmy Carter
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    100% agree with Jimmy Carter. WORST.PRESIDENT. EVER!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Bill Clinton.

Best - and worse case.

If he tries to be FDR, he'll face a Republican congress in two years.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm willing to allow Obama to weave his own legacy before making comparisons to any other president.

In fact, I believe that making comparisons prior to him even being inaugurated is buying into the media hype somewhat. Once he takes office, and actually begins the process of executing the powers of that office, only then will we know whether the centrist rhetoric will be upheld by his actions, or the evidence that shows him to be one of the most radically leftist figures ever to be elected as president more closely reflects his core. Of course, much of this depends on how tightly the reigns of DNC leadership, (and Obama, personally) are held by the quiet, more moderate (but certainly influential) majority of the Democratic party.

I am more than slightly pessimistic, I'll openly admit.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    His inexperience and views may leave him remembered as a president that had his decisions made for him by everyone around him. Nothing more than a historical figurehead.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Best case- FDR. We all know that his New Deal was really boosted by WWII, but since we're talking best case, that would be if Obama could straighten out the economy. Clinton is a close second because despite the shortcomings, he did preside over a good economy.

Worst case- Carter. Or what would have happened to FDR had the world not gone to war.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Thread Information