Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    1. I don't beileve in the catholic church as I don't think you need an intermediary to talk to God. I think if I have something to say to god I can say it myself without help.
    2. I think the church is hipocritical in the way they sheilded pedofile priests and aided them by moving them so they could stsrt over in another parish. However the church seems to be getting better under public pressure.

That is only my take on it and I am not against the catholic parrishoners, just the old boy network in the church.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    1. I don't beileve in the catholic church as I don't think you need an intermediary to talk to God. I think if I have something to say to god I can say it myself without help.
    2. I think the church is hipocritical in the way they sheilded pedofile priests and aided them by moving them so they could stsrt over in another parish. However the church seems to be getting better under public pressure.

That is only my take on it and I am not against the catholic parrishoners, just the old boy network in the church.
    1. Don't call yourself Catholic if you don't believe in Catholic teaching. I wouldn't call myself an atheist and then go to church. Nobody is saying everyone should be Catholic, we're just saying if you call yourself Catholic perhaps you should mean it.

2. Nobody disagrees with you there. Church teaching and canon law were violated not only by the priests but their bishops. Unfortunately with the trust placed in priests the church is a target for predators because of the access they are given to children. They should have been kicked out of the church and prosecuted (along with their bishops.) Unfortunately our bishops haven't developed a reputation for backbones and leadership. None of that affects the doctrinal teaching of the church though and my faith is in Jesus, not the humans I rely on for the sacraments.

The church is a favorite whipping boy in the media. The incidence of pedophile priests is still lower than the national average of pedophiles amongst the population. Sexual abuse of minors in the church comes nowhere near the amount of abuse occurring in government run schools but you don't see the media screaming for blood there do you? The bishops were absolutely wrong for the way they handled it in the church but there's a double standard in the media for what we hold Catholics to versus what we hold other child caretakers (teachers and other Christian churches) to.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My way of thinking, is that nobody should have to be an apologist for their religion.

The decisions we make about faith cannot be coerced and stay true. If you have legitimate difficulties with a church of your faith, you can leave.

What becomes interesting at that point is finding yourself without a church. A topic for another discussion perhaps.

I still think Xiphos is correct - if you can't hold to the ideals of your church, then you are no longer a member of your church. Faith isn't a democracy.

Somebody has to be right about what God wants - I don't see it as up for a vote.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    My error I did not make myself clear I am not catholic, I am methodist but don't go regularly A lot of my family and my wifes families are catholic. I was just pointing out my view on confession and the pedophiia hiding. I was not trying to offend anyone.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    My error I did not make myself clear I am not catholic, I am methodist but don't go regularly A lot of my family and my wifes families are catholic. I was just pointing out my view on confession and the pedophiia hiding. I was not trying to offend anyone.

I don't think anyone was offended, I was just offering an opinion.

I think Xiphos did a pretty good job of agreeing with you, in fact.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information