Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

President-elect Barack Obama on Wednesday named New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson as Commerce Secretary

CHICAGO (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama on Wednesday named New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, a former rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, as Commerce Secretary.
    "Last week, Vice President-elect Biden and I began the process of announcing our economic team," Obama said at a news conference. "Today we are pleased to name another key member of this team -- our nominee for Secretary of Commerce, my great friend, Gov. Bill Richardson."

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Wow. A Democrat. I'm shocked.

Here's some info on Gov. Richardson.

Since he's going to be the Commerce Secretary, you may want to click to the link that shows his economic voting record.

From the website, Votesmart.org:

Governor Bill Richardson repeatedly refused to provide any responses to citizens on the issues through the 2008 Political Courage Test when asked to do so by national leaders of the political parties, prominent members of the media, Project Vote Smart President Richard Kimball, and Project Vote Smart staff.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information