Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. turns out to be an informer for at least a decade and has informed on Governor Blagojevich

SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (CNN) Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. who was cited in a criminal complaint against Rod Blagojevich has been an informant for at least a decade with the U.S. Attorney's office, and has informed on the embattled governor of Illinois, though not in the case currently under investigation, Jackson spokesman Kenneth Edmonds told CNN Tuesday.
    In addition, two sources close to Jackson told CNN that, in 2002, Blagojevich then running for governor of Illinois solicited a $25,000 campaign donation from Jackson, which he did not get.
    At the time, Jackson's wife, Sandi, was a candidate for the job of director of the state's Lottery Commission, a post she did not win, the sources said.
    After Blagojevich took office, in early 2003, he told Jackson something to the effect of, "You see what $25,000 would have done?" the sources said.
    In 2006, Jackson reported the incident, which he believed to have been an attempt at a shakedown, the sources said.
    The report, the sources said, came three three years later because Jackson's memory was jogged by another case that of developer Tony Rezko, whose fraud and corruption trial included testimony about $25,000 donations to Blagojevich.
    Jackson did not endorse Blagojevich in his initial campaign and tried to stay on the sidelines during the governor's re-election bid, one of the sources said.
    Blagojevich's office did not return calls seeking comment.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Jogged his memory my ass. There are two things I know about informants:
    1) They're only helping you so they can help themselves.
    2) Take everything they say with a grain of salt.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh snap, there goes his street cred:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I'll bet that his father, Jessie, is ashamed. Who would you believe, an HONEST Jackson in the family, Oh, t he inhumanity of it all. How could you do that to the family. I an't hold my hand out any more when trying to extort money from some business.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    I'll bet that his father, Jessie, is ashamed. Who would you believe, an HONEST Jackson in the family, Oh, t he inhumanity of it all. How could you do that to the family. I an't hold my hand out any more when trying to extort money from some business.

What makes you think an informant is honest?

Ever met one that met that description? What did they have on his ass to make him inform?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    What makes you think an informant is honest?

Ever met one that met that description? What did they have on his ass to make him inform?

Nothing. He is probably as crooked as his father. Just a little parady

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well, given the high effectiveness of the information that he's given since (when does he claim? 2002?), oh yeah.. I remember all of those corruption cases prosecuted thanks to Jesse Jr.'s information... there was... and... well, what about... um...

Come to think of it, has there been a single federal Illinios corruption case prosecuted since 2002?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information