Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Blogojevich to Democratic Leaders: Up Yours!

Dems warned him against doing this... he responded.

Ill. governor expected to name Obama replacement

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. Embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich plans to name former state attorney general Roland Burris to Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat, setting up a challenge with congressional leaders who have already said they plan to reject anyone the governor picks.

The Democratic governor planned a Tuesday afternoon press conference, but his aides would not say what Blagojevich planned to say.

State Senate President Emil Jones said Burris told him about the appointment. Burris did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Blagojevich was arrested earlier this month on federal charges that he tried to sell or trade the seat to the highest bidder. He has denied wrongdoing and vowed to stay in office.
    In a letter signed by all 50 sitting Democratic senators, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada warned Blagojevich after his Dec. 9 arrest that Senate Democrats would not seat anyone the governor named to the seat.

Within minutes of the report Tuesday, Senate Democratic leaders began conferring over how to prevent Burris from actually taking office.

According to a Democratic official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because discussions were ongoing, Senate leaders were preparing a statement that would express regret for the appointment. The statement was expected to say that Senate leaders were not opposed to the former attorney general assuming the seat per se, but that under the circumstances anyone named by Blagojevich would not be seated by the Democratic caucus.

Burris became the first black politician to win statewide office when he was elected comptroller in 1978 the first of three terms. He served one term as the state's attorney general, but he failed in three attempts at the Democratic nomination for governor, losing to Blagojevich in 2002.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This should get good now.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Oh come on now Jenna, this is the machine that made your President
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Oh come on now Jenna, this is the machine that made your President

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Now, we'll see a show...

The African-American activists were clamoring for the appointment of an African-American. Blogojevich jumped in, seeing an opportunity for redemption (at least in their eyes), and put the DNC on a precarious perch. Do they work to subvert Blogojevich's appointment and risk alienating the African-American community? The Dems in Senate have said that they will not seat any Blogo appointee. Blogo is baiting them, they know it, but will they take the bait?

You'll see the race card played very quickly here. The Democratic response (should it be to deny the appointment), will draw fire like David Duke at a NAACP convention, either way, expect all hell to break loose.

This is nuts. Obama hasn't even taken office yet, and we're already watching a political circle-jerk over his replacement in the Senate.

Buckle up folks, the Dems in power over the White House, the Nut House, and the Barbershop, we're in for a rough ride.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I thought politricks in Louisiana were uniquely embarassing. Thank you Illinois for taking the spotlight for a long time to come. Alright , I'm taking wagers on which senate seat will be filled first, Minnesota or Illinois. Nice use of the race card by Blogo. He's assured that any good that was done by Obama's election as President towards race relations will be quickly forgotten.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I thought politricks in Louisiana were uniquely embarassing. Thank you Illinois for taking the spotlight for a long time to come. Alright , I'm taking wagers on which senate seat will be filled first, Minnesota or Illinois. Nice use of the race card by Blogo. He's assured that any good that was done by Obama's election as President towards race relations will be quickly forgotten.
    Louisiana's corrupt politicians are absolute amateurs compared to the Chicago Circle. Our knuckleheads get caught on a much more regular basis, which is why we've dominated the news.

Chicago's political thugs are much more cunning. They keep the people ignorant, and pay off those who can hurt them to keep the water smooth.

Louisiana politicians run around the country flamboyantly telling people how corrupt they are and spending money like Paris Hilton in a sex shop.

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

Thread Information