Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Terry McAuliffe, former Clinton aide and DNC Chairman, announces his intent to run for Governor of Virginia

WASHINGTON (CNN) – After years at the side of Bill and Hillary Clinton, Terry McAuliffe told supporters Saturday night that he intends to run for Virginia’s highest political office.
    “On January 7, I will announce my candidacy for the governor of Virginia,” McAuliffe said in a video e-mailed Saturday evening and posted on terrymcauliffe.com.
    “As governor, I’ll make it my job to protect your job, grow this economy, make Virginia a leader in renewable energy, focus on long term transportation solutions, and give our children the best education so they have a chance to pursue the American dream right here in Virginia,” McAuliffe says as he looks directly at the camera.
    Striking a theme reminiscent of President-elect Barack Obama’s presidential campaign, McAuliffe told supporters, “When it comes to fixing our economy, there’s no such thing as a Republican job or a Democratic job.”
    “It’s about bringing people together create good jobs. That’s the kind of leadership I believe in.” he added.
    The formal announcement of McAuliffe’s candidacy has been expected for some time. McAuliffe, a longtime aide of both former President Bill Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton, most recently served as the national chairman of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Virginia Republicans have nominated Robert McDonnell, the state’s Attorney General, to try to reclaim control of Richmond for the GOP. McDonnell has already been endorsed by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.
    McAuliffe faces primary competition from at least two fellow Democrats: state Sen. Creigh Deeds and Brian Moran, a member of the state House of Delegates and the chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, also have announced their candidacies for governor.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Great. Just great. Northern Virginia and the savages in Richmond will probably elect him too.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information