Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Kennedy's steals Obama's thunder during the inauguration by having a seizure

en. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., who is battling a brain tumor, was taken away from the inaugural luncheon on Capitol Hill in convulsions. Kennedy was at a table with Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., Vice President Mondale and Mrs. Mondale, and others. While at the table, Kennedy began having seizures that lasted for several minutes. As they were carrying Kennedy out of the room, he was still suffering a seizure. President Barack Obama went out of the room with him, but came back in the luncheon room.
    Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., the oldest member of the Senate, was so upset and distraught from what he had witnessed, that he needed to be taken out of the room. The two senators have been friends for a very, very long time. Byrd's office later released a statement saying he is not ill.
    Appearing stricken and extremely sober, Obama prefaced his inaugural luncheon remarks with this on Kennedy:

"First of all, I know that while I was out of the room, concern was expressed about Teddy," Obama said.
    "He was there when the Voting Rights Act passed. And, along with John Lewis, was a warrior for justice. And so, I would be lying to you if I did not say that, right now, a part of me is with him. And I think that is true for all of us. This is a joyous time, but it's also a sobering time. And my prayers are with him and his family and Vicki."
    Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said Kennedy was talking as he was taken out of the Capitol building on a stretcher to the ambulance.
    Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., a very close friend of Kennedy's, could be seen giving a tense laugh as Kennedy's stretcher was put into the ambulance -- as though Kennedy had made a joke. A good sign.
    "He's fine," Dodd later told ABC News. "He was talking all the way out to the ambulance. He's just exhausted."
    In an interview with ABC, Sen. Kerry said that he and Vicki were holding Kennedy during his convulsion. Kerry also told ABC News he thought Kennedy was just tired.
    ABC News' Martha Raddatz reports that a source tells her that Kennedy is stable, and that because of his brain cancer and treatment, "these things happen."
    Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., who is at the hospital with his father, tells ABC News, "He's awake. He's talking. He is going to be fine."
    Patrick Kennedy said, "This is obviously not the place we want to be on a day like this, but he has good people taking care of him."
    Michelle Allen, spokeswoman for Washington Hospital Center tells ABC News: "He's alert, awake and undergoing assessment."
    A statement released by Dr. Edward Aulisi, chairman of neurosurgery at the Washington Hospital Center reads: "Senator Edward Kennedy experienced a seizure today while attending a luncheon for President Barack Obama in the U.S. Capitol. After testing, we believe the incident was brought on by simple fatigue. Senator Kennedy is awake, talking with family and friends, and feeling well. He will remain at the Washington Hospital Center overnight for observation, and will be released in the morning.
    After visiting Kennedy in the hospital, Kerry said the senator's "Irish dander is up," and said he is laughing, joking, and having a good time. Kerry described the episode as a "minor seizure" and expects Kennedy to spend the night in the hospital for observation.
    "Ted Kennedy is going to be back in the Senate fighting for what he believes in. He views this as a momentary setback," Kerry said.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Did he remember the girl this time?

He should be recieving treatment in a prison hospital. This tumor, IMO, is Karma coming full circle. If he's lucky, he won't have to suffer as much as that girl did. Too bad you can't throw money at this problem, eh Teddy?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    why no video of him twitching?

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Heard he was taken by Ambulance to the nearest bar and administered 1000cc of Scotch. A few moments he was shouting, "I'm OK."

There was also a rumor that Sen Byrd of WVa also passed out. That old KKK fard probaly fainted when Obama took the oath. Imagine what he will do when he sees photos of Obama walking in the FRONT DOOR of the White House.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hahahaha!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Teddy had a shake for lunch.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information