Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

2008 Election Stats

INTERESTING FACTS

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2008 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 20; Republicans: 30

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000; Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million; Republicans: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2; Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens.

Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in rented or government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Those of you that are shocked should know Euthanasia will soon be available.

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    That's just sad!

jking09 is offline Banned
    ya know, statistics are funny... in those you've provided, it states nothing about the percent who are neither democrat nor republican.. it could make things completely different..
    i take it you're a republican?
    i feel ya, but let's face it.. our president is a democrat.. might as well get on board with the new way of things!
    i just hope he brings as much "change" as he promises.. our economy kinda blows right now.. he swears he can fix it.. lets see it!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jking09 View Post
    ya know, statistics are funny... in those you've provided, it states nothing about the percent who are neither democrat nor republican.. it could make things completely different..
    I hate to break it to you, but our system is a two party system. It is cemented that way by the two parties that are represented. The term independant strikes a nerve with me everytime I hear it. Usually because the person doesn't have a clue about a majority of the issues. All I know for certain is that one of the two parties leans toward the value of the individual and one party leans toward the value of the group.

Dear I am a conservative that values individual rights, individual work, and individual responsibility. I will let you decide which of the two parties that tends to align me with.

i feel ya, but let's face it.. our president is a democrat.. might as well get on board with the new way of things!
    Yes, our President is a Democrat. I sure as hell don't have to get on board with his policies.

i just hope he brings as much "change" as he promises.. our economy kinda blows right now.. he swears he can fix it.. lets see it!
    I would truely love to hear your independant ideas of why our economy "blows" right now. Note I did not ask for fixes just the all important question of why.

Did your response rub me the wrong way? Yeah.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Get on board with the new way of things?

Sorry, I'm an LEO and a vet. They taught me in both places not to roll over.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Percentage of independent voters tend to skew figures only slightly. The vast majority are registered as one or the other (thus far).

I take it, you should introduce yourself in the forum area provided for such, and if claiming to be a law enforcement officer, you should forward your information to be verified. I take it, you should read this site's terms of service.

I mistakenly thought that this country's citizens had the freedom purchased by their forefathers to disagree with its government, so long as it was done in a civil manner. Is that one of the "new way(s) of doing things"?, to disallow any disagreement with government, or was that only 'kewl' to do when a Republican was in office?

I 'might as well' just start thinking like a liberal because someone else thinks its 'kewl'? Nah, I think for myself, thank you.

"Change" has been his promise from the start. "Change" is simple, and intentionally ambiguous. "Change" is what your hopes and dreams make it, not what is the material of real, and solid governmental policy.

Much of what we are seeing, according to many economists, is a business 're-alignment' in preparation for higher taxation and a hostile business environment for the next four years at least. When combined with the mortgage debt debacle, (which was fostered by Mr. Obama's Democratic party predecessors, I'd say that any "change" that a liberal makes, will only delay misery, at least on the short term.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    When Bush won his 2nd term I got so sick of hearing the whining liberal maggots cry about how stole the election. I refuse to go down that road.

Obama won fair and square. Now we'll just sit back and watch them get what the wished for. I agree with Prof. Olsen that we are in the apathy stage. I'm worried Obama's term will tip us into the dependancy phase.

For those that don't know the quote he's talking about:
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Let's see, we have financial collapse of banking institutions.. Bush's fault? Google Community Reinvestment Act and you'll see where it started. Five years ago, Barney Frank said Freddie Mac was financially sound, but needed to make more home loans to low income people..... Democrats have been pushing that insanity for decades and now blame Republicans.

All during the Bush administration, the deficit was horrible. Our children and grandchildren were going to have to pay it. As soon as Obama was elected, it's no big thing. Let's take it further by more goofy federal programs.

Katrina? Compare it with Texas and Ike where the people themselves took care of each other as opposed to the welfare minded lazy asses who sat and waited for someone to even take them out of town. The state and local leaders in Louisanna should all be impeached for incompetency. The feds did a pretty good job considering.

Clinton did a great job of protecting us, huh? Except for a few bombings of the WTC. Notice none have happened since 9-11? Wanna see what happens when Obama lets the inmates at Gitmo go? Want them in your town? They might be there, most can't return to their own countries...
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information