Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO

Obama's policies in general

When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    My thoughts exactly

I sure wish they'd just write me a check for $20,000 instead of giving it all to banks, corporations and public works contractors - The fraud that's going to be generated from the huge amounts of poorly-accounted for Federal money will make the Enron scandal seem like a fond memory.

If they just gave OUR MONEY back to us to pay our bills, that would help the banks come up with cash. Then when we have no more bills, we might feel safer about buying a car or other big-ticket items to help the economy. Plus, there's no chance of generating a scandal by sending rebate checks directly back to taxpayers, because it's our money in the first place.

Why the hell can't they see that?

Barney Frank made me sick this past weekend, when he made disparaging remarks about what the people would do with their money (mainly, pay off their bills). He's a little weasel who doesn't know what the hell is coming out of his mouth. Plus his voice reminds me of a combination of Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    I sure wish they'd just write me a check for $20,000 instead of giving it all to banks, corporations and public works contractors - The fraud that's going to be generated from the huge amounts of poorly-accounted for Federal money will make the Enron scandal seem like a fond memory.
    The entire package works out to about $250,000 per person. Wouldn't that be interesting for a few weeks at least if everyone was given that! Cadillac and Mercedes sales would skyrocket!

I despise Frank. I agree, he's a sniveling little weasel. He was one of the protagonists pushing the banks to make these loans to begin with. God forbid he take any responsibility.

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

txcharlie wrote: He's a little weasel who doesn't know what the hell is coming out of his mouth.

But he knows whats put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post

txcharlie wrote: He's a little weasel who doesn't know what the hell is coming out of his mouth.

But he knows whats put in it.
    I wasn't even going there... I started to say that he could go F--- himself, but he'd probably get all excited at that thought.

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    The entire package works out to about $250,000 per person. Wouldn't that be interesting for a few weeks at least if everyone was given that! Cadillac and Mercedes sales would skyrocket!

I despise Frank. I agree, he's a sniveling little weasel. He was one of the protagonists pushing the banks to make these loans to begin with. God forbid he take any responsibility.
    Amen, but do you realize that's just the amount that most of us pay in taxes over a 10-year period (income tax just being the most obvious one). - Every time money exchanges hands the Federal Government has its hand out first.

I was onboard with a stimulus check of $20,000 paid directly to taxpayers of record (even those that haven't filed in a couple of years), but it's been perverted into a windfall for every liberal special interest group in the country.

Well, I see that CLEAT (the Combined LE Association of Texas) is praising it for the COPS budget restoration. There's a worthwhile program I think, but it's insanity to be for this dog because it has a few nuggets of something in it besides shit.

(\__/)

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There's a worthwhile program I think, but it's insanity to be for this dog because it has a few nuggets of something in it besides shit.

Horseshit.

You mean the 100,000 cops program that hired how many?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Nowhere near 100k I'm sure, but I liked the Community Oriented Policing model that it promoted.

I know many of you don't like that either, but I think it as some good ideas to promote community involvement..

(\__/)

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nowhere near 100k I'm sure, but I liked the Community Oriented Policing model that it promoted.

I know many of you don't like that either, but I think it as some good ideas to promote community involvement..
    I have no problem with COP, I have a problem with the Feds dictating to a City how to use their cops.

If you want to put cops on the street, then pay for them - without social engineering.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I have no problem with COP, I have a problem with the Feds dictating to a City how to use their cops.

If you want to put cops on the street, then pay for them - without social engineering.
    Actually, I can remember several federal programs like COP and the feds really didn't interfer all that much. That's the problem in some ways, they hand out money and don't monitor how it's spent. In the 70's, there was this "model cities" program. Portland was one chosen and we got millions and millions of bucks. Most of it was pissed away. It was okay for us because we got to work beau coup OT doing nothing really important. But that's why I don't like federal programs, it's money tossed away.

The trouble with them giving out money to hire more police is, the money only lasts for a few years. Clinton had that program that helped the first year and then reduced the money over the next three years. Portland was smart enough to leave it alone, but the town I live in hired a couple of cops and then had to lay them off when the money ran out.

COP is okay, but I wonder what the result would be if the feds put that kind of money into traditional policing. When we switched to the COP model in around 1990, it cost us a bundle.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    COP is okay, but I wonder what the result would be if the feds put that kind of money into traditional policing. When we switched to the COP model in around 1990, it cost us a bundle.
    When COP is done right, it pretty much *is* traditional policing - or at least the way it was taught here.

Some programs have been labled COP that did exactly like you suggest, and it really is too bad.

COP (as intended) was nothing more than a repudiation of the Los Angeles model that so many people sucked up for years, and a return to the mold.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Did y'all see Rep. Lindsey Graham on Fox News tonight? He was PISSED.

He said that Congress must vote on the stimulus bill Friday (tomorrow) morning at 7:00am, but they haven't even distributed copies of the 700+ page bill to congressional members yet!!!

How the hell are our astute representatives going to read and digest the final version of a 700+ document of legal gobbledygook overnight? He said the bill was also plagued with all sorts of technical errors and omissions, and he wants it published on the Congressional web site for the public to read at least a few days before the vote.

Are they insane? - They scrutinized the bill about baseball game rules more than they're scrutinizing this dog, and I hope it's a dog that bites them in the butt for pushing it through so fast.

It could be such a simple bill to simply write checks for taxpayers - There's no need for it to be 700+ pages long, and no need to vote on it tomorrow morning.

(\__/)

swaggon is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    That is one monster bumper sticker. It covers half the tailgate.

Thread Information