Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Citing economic crisis, McCain seeks support for Senate re-election bid

John McCain is telling supporters he is definitely running for another term in the US Senate after the bitter disappointment of losing his presidential bid -- and he's saying that the economic crisis was the clincher.
    "The magnitude of the financial crisis that many American families are facing makes it clear to me that I want to continue to serve our country in the Senate," he says in the email, sent Tuesday night and which also serves as a pitch for campaign cash.
    McCain joined all but three Republicans in voting Tuesday against the $838 billion stimulus package in the Senate, and has been vocal in his disdain.
    "The economic challenges currently confronting our nation are immense and unfortunately, the Democrats in Congress propose addressing these challenges through increased spending that wastes billions of taxpayers dollars and saddles our children and grandchildren with a staggering debt," the email says. "Their proposals will not stimulate economic growth or create jobs. While the leader of the Democratic Party, President Obama, has pledged to change business as usual in Washington and spoken of bipartisanship, I have been saddened to watch as Congressional Democrats try to use their majority to advocate more of the same failed policies and wasteful spending of the past. With so much at stake, now is not the time to step away from my work in the Senate."
    "As always, I anticipate a tough re-election challenge. But with your help, we will counter those efforts and put forth an aggressive campaign by registering new voters, reaching out to Democrats, Independents and Republicans, and again earning the support of Hispanic and Native American voters in Arizona."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He voted for the first bailout. I hope they throw him out.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Right on Five O.....every day he looks more and more like a liberal bitch.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Thread Information