Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO

This is gonna be a long 4 years....

Can you believe this shit?!? Screecher of the House Pelosi had to get off on her tax payer paid trip to Italy and Congress had to get going on their vacations too. But now that they've passed a real torpedo to the economy, Obama can't be bothered to sign it. I try not to let politics really piss me off, but this last week has just been a torrid of bullshit.

WHAT'S THE RUSH?

'URGENT' $TIMULUS ON HOLD FOR BAM'S WEEKEND OFF

After pushing Congress for weeks to hurry up and pass the massive $787 billion stimulus bill, President Obama promptly took off for a three-day holiday getaway.

Obama arrived at his home in Chicago on Friday, and treated wife Michelle to a Valentine's Day dinner downtown last night. The couple was spotted leaving upscale Table Fifty-Two, which specializes in Southern cuisine, with the first lady toting what appeared to be a doggie bag.

The president plans to spend the Presidents' Day weekend in the Windy City, and is not expected to sign the bill until Tuesday, when he travels to Denver to discuss his economic plan.

Both the House and Senate passed the bill Friday night.

The push to get the bill through before the holiday weekend was so frantic, members of Congress didn't have a chance to read all 1,071 pages of the document before they could vote.

"In a perfect world it would have been nice to have had more time to process it," said Ilan Kayatsky, a spokesman for Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY).

Meanwhile, Gov. Paterson called yesterday for fiscal restraint with the massive influx of federal aid. His budget office estimated that New York will receive $24.6 billion over the next two years, $4 billion more than first believed.

WHAT'S THE RUSH? - New York Post
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Hurry up and wait. Change you can believe in.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Maybe he's taking so long because he's had second thoughts about this....

People who get food stamps — 30 million and growing — will get more. People drawing unemployment checks — nearly 5 million and growing — would get an extra $25, and keep those checks coming longer. People who get Supplemental Security Income — 7 million poor Americans who are elderly, blind or disabled — would get one-time extra payments of $250.
    Many low-income Americans also are likely to benefit from a trifecta of tax credits: expansions to the existing Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Tax Credit, and a new refundable tax credit for workers. Taken together, the three credits are expected to keep more than 2 million Americans from falling into poverty, including more than 800,000 children, according to the private Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
    The package also includes a $3 billion emergency fund to provide temporary assistance to needy families. In addition, cash-strapped states will get an infusion of $87 billion for Medicaid, the government health program for poor people, and that should help them avoid cutting off benefits to the needy.

....naw.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Any time you are moving faster than the senses can comprehend you're moving to fast. How they could pass a bill they didn't even read is incredible. This was done only because they could do it and nothing else. This was done so the people who didn't support the bill couldn't formaly disagree prior to its passage.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Huh, so is this his way of keeping the campaign promise of "Sunlight Before Signing"? Head on over to the White House site and leave your 5000 character or less comment after reading the....

Two dead links and 485 pages of non searchable PDF.

Thread Information