Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Columnist Ann Coulter Defends White Supremacist Group

Rabid far-right commentator Ann Coulter is known across America for sliming everyone and everything she disagrees with. Al Gore is a "total fag" and another one-time presidential candidate, John Edwards, is the same. Democrats are "gutless traitors" and their convention a "Spawn of Satan" gathering. Muslims are "ragheads" and America should "kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." Jews are people who need to be "perfected." The New York Times building and its editorial staff should be bombed. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens should have "rat poisoning" mixed into his food. Princess Diana "ostentatiously [had] sex in front of [her] children." The Rev. Al Sharpton is "a fat, race-baiting black man." President Bill Clinton was "a very good rapist," and North Korea should be "nuked."
    But despite denouncing school desegregation as a "spectacular" failure, Coulter has generally avoided bolstering white supremacist hate groups. Until now, that is.
    In her latest foaming-mouth tome -- Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America, released on Jan. 6 -- Coulter spends the better part of three pages defending a group called the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), which The New York Times had described as a "thinly veiled white supremacist organization." Coulter begs to differ. The CCC, Coulter opines, is "a conservative group" that has unfairly been branded as racist "because some of the directors of the CCC had, decades earlier, been leaders of a segregationist group." "There is no evidence on its Web page that the modern incarnation of the CCC supports segregation," she says. "Apart from some aggressive reporting on black-on-white crimes -- the very crimes that are aggressively hidden by the establishment media -- there is little on the CCC website suggesting" that the group is racist. Indeed, its main failing is "containing members who had belonged to a segregationist group thirty years earlier."
    Coulter could hardly be more wrong. And even if she can't find time to read beyond a page of the CCC's website, she really ought to know -- after all, the organization where she frequently speaks, the Conservative Political Action Committee, has publicly banned the CCC from its annual gathering because it is racist. Also in the late 1990s, Jim Nicholson, then-chairman of the Republican National Committee, asked GOP members to stay away from the CCC because of its "racist and nationalist views."
    How could conservative Republicans be inspired to say such ugly things? Let us count the ways.
    The CCC's columnists have written that black people are "a retrograde species of humanity," and that non-white immigration is turning the U.S. population into a "slimy brown mass of glop." Its website has run photographic comparisons of pop singer Michael Jackson and a chimpanzee. It opposes "forced integration" and decries racial intermarriage. It has lambasted black people as "genetically inferior," complained about "Jewish power brokers," called gay people "perverted sodomites," and even named the late Lester Maddox, the baseball bat-wielding, arch-segregationist former governor of Georgia, "Patriot of the Century."
    One day, the CCC ran photos on its home page of accused Beltway snipers John Muhammad and John Malvo, 9/11 conspirator Zacharias Moussaoui and accused shoe-bomber Richard Reed. "Notice a Pattern Here?" asked a caption underneath the four photos. "Is the face of death black after all?" On another occasion, its website featured a photo of Daniel Pearl, the "Jewish Wall Street Journal reporter" who had just been decapitated by Islamic terrorists. In the photo, Pearl was shown with his "mixed-race wife, Marianne." The headline above the couple's picture was stunning even for the CCC: "Death by Multiculturalism?" The CCC Arkansas chapter ran an essay waxing nostalgic for the days "when racial separation was the norm."
    But to Ann Coulter, there is "no evidence" on its website that the CCC "supports segregation." Mostly, she says, the group -- which was formed from the debris of the White Citizens Councils that Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall once called "the uptown Klan" -- is about "a strong national defense, the right to keep and bear arms, the traditional family, and an 'America First' trade policy." Indeed, she says, The New York Times and other critics of the CCC are simply liberals "who have no principles."

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't know anything about the CCC.

But I'd like to name the Democratic Party as a racist organization because Democratic Senator Robert Byrd was once in the KKK.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Hello pot? Kettle calling.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Term....where do you find this tripe.....If this isn't a hatchet job on Ann Coulter, then I am Santa Claus. By the way, she is absolutely right about the New York Times. Last week their stock price fell to an all time low of $3.40 per share....less than the cost of the Sunday paper. There is a reason for that.....they are a liberal rag with no principles.

P.S. I had never heard of the CCC until I read your article.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    P.S. I had never heard of the CCC until I read your article.

Car 4
    I looked at their website, they're nothing to write home about. They do like like a bunch of white supremist hillbillys. They're a bit more than just conservative.

But I agree entirely about the New York Times. They're nothing more than a voice for the Democratic liberals....
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    I looked at their website, they're nothing to write home about. They do like like a bunch of white supremist hillbillys. They're a bit more than just conservative.

But I agree entirely about the New York Times. They're nothing more than a voice for the Democratic liberals....

Well, if Ann Coulter is suporting that kind of group, I stand corrected. Generally, I like her but she is pretty incendiary when she is trying to sell a book.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Generally, I like her but she is pretty incendiary when she is trying to sell a book.
    Yeah, regardless of politics, that is a time honored literary tradition. Kind of like how some rappers go and get an arrest to promote their latest album. I guess "any press is good press".
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information