Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Glenn Beck scares Fox host into hiding under table

Fox News hosts are known for viewing the world around them with alarm -- but Glenn Beck goes far beyond most of his peers at Fox in his belief that the future looks "really bad."

In a visit Friday with the hosts of Fox & Friends, Beck even managed to terrify Gretchen Carlson beyond the degree to which she is normally capable of terrifying herself.

"What we are possibly looking at is something far worse than the Depression," Beck began. "We are in much greater debt as individuals. We don't know how to grow our own food."

"We're also looking at civil unrest all around the world," he continued. "You need to prepare. This is something that could be ... really dangerous. ... My hands, now, for the first time in my life, are shaking. ... We're running out of exit ramps here."

Beck's greatest fear -- which he suggests is shared by his friends in the military and the FBI -- is clearly not the prospect of widespread poverty, hunger, or homelessness. Rather, it appears to be thenotion that worldwide civil unrest could precipitate a civil war between what he calls the "bubbas" and the United States government.

Laying out a convoluted scenario, Beck suggested that the military is preparing for a situation where "something happens down on the border. You've got the rancher who is protecting his land, people are starting to come over ... there's a shot fired, it ignites things. ATF, FBI come in and arrest that rancher. How many people are going to say, 'Wait a minute. ... You people knew this was going on and you did nothing to protect us.'"

At that point, Gretchen Carlson slid down and hid under the coffee table, saying, "Tell me when the world's okay to come back out."

"I really hope you're wrong," Steve Doocy added.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Somehow, the picture of Carlson sliding under the desk makes me get all squishy . . .

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Personally, I think Glenn killed one too many brain cells before he got on the wagon...but he may be right about one thing. If you listen carefully to the undercurrent in this country, it isn't hard to imagine another civil war. This one will be between the two competing ideologies at work in this counry.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Somehow, the picture of Carlson sliding under the desk makes me get all squishy . . .
    Fast Forward to 4:30. I was hoping for more of a CZJ "Entrapment" style sliding under the desk. This was more goofy than sexy, ah well. So you've been warned if you had something else in mind

Thread Information