Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Bush goes to hardware store that offered him a greeter job

DALLAS Former President George W. Bush has visited a Dallas hardware store that earlier this month made him a lighthearted offer to work as a greeter.
    Andrea Bond, a manager at Elliott's Hardware, says Bush walked into the store Saturday and quipped: "I'm looking for a job."
    The store had published an open letter to Bush, inviting him to apply for a store greeter position. The tongue-in-cheek appeal appeared in The Dallas Morning News and its commuter-oriented sister publication, Quick.
    Bond says Bush spent about an hour shopping and talking to customers during the surprise visit. He bought a few flashlights, batteries and a can of WD-40. He also bought night lights.
    Bush and his wife, Laura, moved into a home in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas on Friday.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    That's pretty cool.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Neato-jet.....I would love to meet that guy. I have always admired him and believe him to be a real human being.....unlike some other politicians I could name.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Thread Information