Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

John Lennon once claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Now President Obama has evidence that he's more popular than both.
    Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.
    Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.
    Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.
    Participants named the heroes randomly instead of being shown or read a list of people to choose from. The poll was conducted online between January 12 and 19, 2009.
    At the 16th spot in the poll, George Washington, Bill Clinton and Colin Powell tied.
    Other politicians who made the poll's top 25 include Hillary Clinton (12), FDR (13), Condoleezza Rice (12) and Sarah Palin (21).
    God ranked 11th, between Mother Teresa and Hillary Clinton.
    Of the multiple reasons participants gave to explain their choices of heroes, the ones most cited is, "Doing what's right regardless of personal consequences" with 89 percent, "Not giving up until the goal is accomplished" with 83 percent and "Doing more than what other people expect of them," with 82 percent. Also popular were "Overcoming adversity" and "Staying level-headed in a crisis."
    In the first Harris Poll asking this question in 2001, Jesus came in first, followed by the Rev. King, Powell, John F. Kennedy and Mother Teresea.
    Obama joked last year at a roast that contrary to rumors, he was not born in a manger but on the planet Krypton. Apparently, Obama is even more popular than Superman, who didn't make the cut.

CO1259 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    He is the messiah after all...

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Probably had a lot of liberals on that poll. They can't be faulted for their blindness.

Jesus scored low because he actually made things. He had a skill- he was a carpenter after all.

Obama was just a community organizer. He stole from people who earned money to give freebies to those who don't. He has no job skills.

He can't even assembly a cabinet.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    It's starting down though. And I imagine it will continue down as this bailout continues.

Obama Job Approval Dips Below 60% for First Time

I think I read that only 37% of Americans supported the bailout bill.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Obama would be a dishwasher or shining shoes for a living if it wasn't for Martin Luther King... Is it my imagination, or have people just gone brain-dead in the past couple of years?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Obama would be a dishwasher or shining shoes for a living if it wasn't for Martin Luther King... Is it my imagination, or have people just gone brain-dead in the past couple of years?
    No matter what we think of his politics, he's a bright man and I doubt he would be doing either of those things.

People are doing what they've always done, swung the political pendulum back and forth. After FDR, we had several administrations that were relatively conservative until LBJ came along. That period died with Carter. Even Clinton wasn't all that liberal. History is just repeating itself.

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

No doubt he's smart, but lots of bright people were put in jobs beneath them before Martain Luther King- people younger than 50 don't remember the "Whites Only"signs hanging at the Dairy Queen and all that.

(\__/)

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    No doubt he's smart, but lots of bright people were put in jobs beneath them before Martain Luther King- people younger than 50 don't remember the "Whites Only"signs hanging at the Dairy Queen and all that.
    I remember white and colored restrooms, water fountains and I never went to a public school with a black person.

It was a lot tougher but Thurman Marshall was a top notch lawyer long before MLK. But you are right, MLK opened a lot of doors for people that should have been opened long, long ago. I saw enough of that Jim Crow racism growing up to be totally sick of it.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    One of the few things I agree with Ann Coulter on is the media's facination with Obama. Articles like this only strengthen that belief I do believe that some members of the media would love to have sex with him.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Verified LEO
    It's a big step to have a black president. I just wish it had been Alan Keyes or Condi Rice....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I do believe that some members of the media would love to have sex with him.
    Like Bill Mahr, David Gregory, Wolf Blitzer, Chris Matthews, Sean Penn, John Stewart... Obama needs to sell tickets to a frolic in the Lincoln Bedroom

Ok, I'm wrong, shame on me - Three of those aren't really "the media", they just think they are.

(\__/)

Thread Information