Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Is this Bill a good idea?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 6.25%
  • No

15 93.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    The only difference between a date and prostitution is that with prostitution, you at least know you will get laid. On a date, you will pay more money, and still only hope to get some out of it.

+1 million lol

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    The only legalization method that seems to work anywhere is the houses in Nevada, and only because there is a licensing and houses. That has to happen first.
    I don't know man, I think all that does is just open the door for guys who would not normally wander the red light district looking for their wood to be buffed.
    Regardless of state licensed whore houses your always going to have 10 dollar junked out hoes walking the streets and plenty of business for them.
    Regulated hookers may be a money maker for the state, but I sure hope we (outside of Nevada) don't go that route.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I don't know man, I think all that does is just open the door for guys who would not normally wander the red light district looking for their wood to be buffed.
    Regardless of state licensed whore houses your always going to have 10 dollar junked out hoes walking the streets and plenty of business for them.
    Regulated hookers may be a money maker for the state, but I sure hope we (outside of Nevada) don't go that route.
    I'm not sure I care much about legalizing houses, but my point was more against the folks who suggest we legalize it on the street.

You usually hear that from people who don't have a lot of street whores where they work, and haven't seen the violence, disease, death, or juveniles preyed upon.

I'll just say it again, sometimes being libertarian can blind you to some realities - it is something I have to remind myself of frequently.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Why would you want to seize a john's car. I mean the seats are usually sticky and that is just gross.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I'm not sure I care much about legalizing houses, but my point was more against the folks who suggest we legalize it on the street.
    I would have no qualms with a city or state making street-walking illegal. It's not different than violating any other solicitation w/o a permit ordinance.

I believe if you regulated it properly, you'd keep the hookers off the street (for the most part) and in houses. They'd also be a lot cleaner.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    The only difference between a date and prostitution is that with prostitution, you at least know you will get laid. On a date, you will pay more money, and still only hope to get some out of it.

Guys also go on dates to meet that special someone...just saying.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I would have no qualms with a city or state making street-walking illegal. It's not different than violating any other solicitation w/o a permit ordinance.

I believe if you regulated it properly, you'd keep the hookers off the street (for the most part) and in houses. They'd also be a lot cleaner.
    Those libertarian blinders must need replacing at some point. Amirite?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Those libertarian blinders must need replacing at some point. Amirite?
    Elaborate?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Come up here, and let me show you real street prostitution.

You obviously haven't seen it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Live in Nevada much?

(Sorry, it is the only place that I know of that prostitution is legal.)

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    if i lock someone up in a car for any reason, i usually end up towing their car anyway...i don't really see how this is any different. we don't keep it, they just have to go to the tow yard and pay the appropriate fees to have it returned.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    if i lock someone up in a car for any reason, i usually end up towing their car anyway...i don't really see how this is any different. we don't keep it, they just have to go to the tow yard and pay the appropriate fees to have it returned.
    We rarely jail people for prostitution. We always have a jail space problem, we just tow their cars and leave them standing on the street. And they have to pay more than just the tow fees, there's some sort of other fee. Same with cars picked up with drugs. A good friend of mine loaned an old pickup he owned to a kid that worked for him. The kid took the pickup to Portland and got busted for drugs. I took my friend down to help him bail out his pickup and I remember it cost him about 500 bucks, close to what the truck was worth and a lot more than a tow bill.

Interestingly too, we were prohibited from automatically towing cars pursuant to arrests some years ago. There has to be some reason to tow it. And no, I can't explain it or justify it. They started that after I left uniform so I never had need to know why so I didn't care. But I remember reading general orders about it.

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but my last 18 years, the only reason I personally towed a vehicle was to write a search warrant for it pursuant to a felony. I didn't keep up on the policies, I just vaguely remember having conversations with other officers about it.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Verified LEO
    Come up here, and let me show you real street prostitution.

You obviously haven't seen it.
    No kidding. The first district I worked after I got my time own was the "stroll". The whores were the basis for most other crimes that went on. They were the shit and everything else was the flies they attracted. When they moved into other parts of town, the crime went with them.

I worked promoting and compelling prostitution in vice for about a year. Those fucking pimps were pieces of work. I'd have loved to have had a baseball bat and been locked in a room with most of them.

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll wait for Car 4 to school anyone who wants to legalize street whores.

He is modest, but he ran the street side of the Green River Task Force.

The northwest has had every bit of it's fill with folks who wish to legalize the street walkers.

You wanna talk about call girls or houses, I'll entertain the idea. On the street? No sale.
    I'm your huckleberry...

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Am I missing something here? It's not really a seizure if the cars are returned.
    Well, I'm not sure on the terminology you Texans use but...

Yeah, it's a seizure.

Seizing the car is taking it.

Forfeiting the car is taking it, and keeping it.

At least, that's the terminology we use.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Totally missed my point, I think. Clearly, though, your e-peen in superior.

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    If they legalize, I'm going to buy a hotel and rent rooms by the hour. I will be needing some housekeepers too. If there are any problems, I know a good vetenarian.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kcnuke View Post
    If they legalize, I'm going to buy a hotel and rent rooms by the hour.
    I haven't driven out there in a long time, but when I was working there were at least a dozen motels in the Parkrose area of Portland that openly advertised renting rooms by the hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information